Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Premium Economy Seat Maps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They can, if operated on the route and available.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Did anyone fly in PE on the A345? Any comments?

This is how the seat map looks on EF:

Has anyone else come across the "A345" seat map recently? I'm helping some friends who are new to the "Premium" travel world with their upcoming trip from ORD>MAD>ORD from 8/19-9/3. Since PE was only a ~$250 RT upcharge over economy I convinced them it would be worth pursuing. I checked today and noticed this seat map for the first time. After doing some searches on GF as well as the Iberia website I'm seeing that they are not selling any PE for a ~2 week period in August to/from Chicago with the exception of the A330 Weds flight.
- Per Iberia's website, there are 10 rows of business on the flight they are selling from ORD>MAD on 8/19 with economy starting at row 14.

How many A346s without PE is Iberia still flying?
- With the J load on their current flight being light I'm hoping this results in a nice surprise when they check in but am also expecting that Iberia would try and get one of their PE configured aircraft on the route prior to then if possible.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rabingham89
Has anyone else come across the "A345" seat map recently? I'm helping some friends who are new to the "Premium" travel world with their upcoming trip from ORD>MAD>ORD from 8/19-9/3. Since PE was only a ~$250 RT upcharge over economy I convinced them it would be worth pursuing. I checked today and noticed this seat map for the first time. After doing some searches on GF as well as the Iberia website I'm seeing that they are not selling any PE for a ~2 week period in August to/from Chicago with the exception of the A330 Weds flight.
- Per Iberia's website, there are 10 rows of business on the flight they are selling from ORD>MAD on 8/19 with economy starting at row 14.

How many A346s without PE is Iberia still flying?
- With the J load on their current flight being light I'm hoping this results in a nice surprise when they check in but am also expecting that Iberia would try and get one of their PE configured aircraft on the route prior to then if possible.
I flew ORD-MAD not long back, maybe May 18, can't remember the aircraft though. I did it in PE as J was completely booked and I bought the trip 1 week in advance.
I remember the configuration was 2-3-2, nothing about 2-2-2
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
AFAIK the 2-2-2- PE configuration does not exist, it is only in the system for IT reasons and pax on this PE are either upgraded to J or downgraded to Y.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
Thanks all- I'll report back on how this ends up for my friends. At T-10 it is still showing the 2-2-2 seat map. As they've never flown J I'm hoping it sticks and they find themselves with a nice op-up.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:00 am

Hi all-

I just wanted to circle back and add a data point. The seat map remained in the 2-2-2 or "A345" config up to departure. My friend received a call on 8/17 prior to their 8/19 departure from an Iberia rep asking if they wanted to upgrade to Biz for a cost. I had let him know that he should stand pat since it didn't look like they would be offering his originally purchased PE on their flight. Sure enough, yesterday when they checked in they were upgrade to Biz without additional cost. In addition, they were also granted Flagship lounge access in ORD T3.

Overall a very exciting experience for them as it is their first time flying international J.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for the update; as noted above the same thing happened to us.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
How is the PE on the A330, looking at a flight for next summer and want to book PE. I really enjoyed the AA PE product and Iberia's seems more or less the same seat wise except the foot rest doesn't look as comfortable. I'm definitely looking to book the bulkhead. Any pros cons to any particular seat in this row, I think its' row 11 on the A330. Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Am flying on a rare evening departure back from MAD to LHR in a couple of weeks and have managed to get a PE seat on the A340.

I assume the service though will basically be an economy service just a slightly nicer seat? (not that I am massively complaining).
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Correct. And it is only recently that they allow the Y+ cabin to be used, at least before airport allocation (due to requirements rather than to be nice!).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Cool - well assuming I can't bag an AUP (seems to be getting harder at Barajas lately) or an OpUp I will look forward to at least seeing what the A340 W hard product is with IB... I don't actually mind their buy on board selection either. Just not a huge fan of the crews....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.