New IberiaCards "Icon" replaces "Sendo"

Old Nov 12, 17, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Geirinhas View Post
Anyone knows if this card is only available for residents of Spain?
I´m afraid - yes. Only residents in Spain.
Old Nov 12, 17, 10:46 am

Programs: IB+ Oro
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
I´m afraid - yes. Only residents in Spain.
Oh I see... I'm an Iberia frequent flyer so this card could be very useful... But I live in Portugal

Anyway, thank you
Old Nov 13, 17, 12:24 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You might be able to if you can have an address you can use in Spain.

Regardless, I just called and they said that she didn't know the exact amount of time it would take but within the next 2 months or so clients will have their cards changed and they certainly are taking away the Amex.
Old Nov 16, 17, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ GOLD (OWS), ACCOR HOTELS GOLD
I've just received today an e-mail from IberiaCards stating that I will receive my new Iberia Icon in the next days and that it will replace my current Sendo Oro cards. Bye AMEX, I will miss you! :_(
Old Nov 23, 17, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

So, finally I got my new Iberia Icon credit card. This is how the replacement of the old Sendo cards works:

- After your first purchase with the new Iberia Icon VISA card, the Sendo cards (both the VISA and the AMEX) are automatically cancelled

or

- If you don't use the new Iberia Icon within two months, the Sendo cards will be automatically cancelled after this period

Bear in mind that the Iberia Icon VISA has exactly the same number as the old Sendo VISA card. It only changes the expiration date and the CVV.
Old Nov 23, 17, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Wygun View Post
So, finally I got my new Iberia Icon credit card. This is how the replacement of the old Sendo cards works:

- After your first purchase with the new Iberia Icon VISA card, the Sendo cards (both the VISA and the AMEX) are automatically cancelled

or

- If you don't use the new Iberia Icon within two months, the Sendo cards will be automatically cancelled after this period

Bear in mind that the Iberia Icon VISA has exactly the same number as the old Sendo VISA card. It only changes the expiration date and the CVV.
Thanks for the info Wygun,

Do you know if they waive the 1st year fee or it is only for new Iberia Cards customers? I am ready to pay it only if we get interesting promos, otherwise the benefits they offer are practically worthless for me.

Thanks,
Old Nov 23, 17, 2:47 pm

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
I got my Iberia Icon a few weeks ago. I called the CS and told them that I want it now, so they asked me which of the existing Iberia Sendo cards I want to cancel. In a few days I got my new shiny black Iberia Icon. I made a purchase the same day and in about a week I got my Iberia Plus status updated to Iberia Plata. Interestingly, the status is showing to be valid till April 2019! So I got almost 1,5 years of Iberia Plata.
Also Iberia Plata has the benefit of check-in at Business counters, so no downgrade here, as previously mentioned. I have a few trips planned with OneWorld airlines and the status will be very handy.
The only thing I really regret is Iberia Icon 25%/50% redemption sales... Let's hope Icon will offer equally amazing deals.
Old Nov 23, 17, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by more4less View Post
Thanks for the info Wygun,

Do you know if they waive the 1st year fee or it is only for new Iberia Cards customers? I am ready to pay it only if we get interesting promos, otherwise the benefits they offer are practically worthless for me.

Thanks,
Hello, more4less:

No, they don't. The change of the cards has no effect on your current renewal date. So, unfortuntaley, you will be charged the full amount of 90€ (unless you manage to negotiate it depending on your yearly purchase expense amount).

The avios welcome promo + 1st year waive free only applies to brand new customers.
Old Dec 31, 17, 6:35 am

I called a month ago to get the new Icon card and i needed to cancel one of my current cards (so i cancelled the visa), I have yet received the new Icon card and my Sendo Oro Visa still works.

Does anyone know if the Sendo Oro cards will work from tomorrow (especially the AMEX)? I find it strange that iberiacards hasn´t sent me any letter/email about this "mandatory" swap, all the news I got about Icon is from flyertalk.
Old Jan 2, 18, 9:13 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chorbs View Post
I called a month ago to get the new Icon card and i needed to cancel one of my current cards (so i cancelled the visa), I have yet received the new Icon card and my Sendo Oro Visa still works.

Does anyone know if the Sendo Oro cards will work from tomorrow (especially the AMEX)? I find it strange that iberiacards hasn´t sent me any letter/email about this "mandatory" swap, all the news I got about Icon is from flyertalk.
I think Sendo cards will work till the end of February or so (don't quote me on that). You should get a notice from IberiaCards about the change. The easiest way is to call Iberia Cards' CS and ask about the last day until the card will work.
Old Jan 3, 18, 2:41 am

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus
Originally Posted by Chorbs View Post

How long did it take for them to send you the new card since your call... Thanks
Old Jan 3, 18, 4:25 am

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't received the Icon card yet...
Old Jan 3, 18, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by jcelio View Post

How long did it take for them to send you the new card since your call... Thanks
Since I called and requested mine, it took about a week or so. My Iberia Plus account was upgraded to Silver a couple of days after I made the first purchase with the card.
Old Jan 3, 18, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by dumba View Post
Since I called and requested mine, it took about a week or so. My Iberia Plus account was upgraded to Silver a couple of days after I made the first purchase with the card.
Thanks.
i did it online so will call to check, it is Spain so you never know. I want to book a trip and what a surprise here is a cheap fare on Iberia so want to take advantage of the 10% discount.
Old Jan 3, 18, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by dumba View Post
My Iberia Plus account was upgraded to Silver a couple of days after I made the first purchase with the card.
Any clue as to what the procedure is once upgraded to Silver how many TP are needed to achieve GOLD. The regular amount 2250 elite points or just the difference 1150.

Thanks...

Search this Thread