Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

How Strict is IB on Hand Baggage? Weight Limit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

I am flying Level next month from BCN to OAK. The flight is operated with an Iberia A330-200.

I have looked on the IB website for hand baggage rules. It states the maximum size is 56 cm x 45 cm x 15 cm. It says nothing about weight. My two questions:
  • Is there a weight limit on hand baggage?
  • How strict are they about the size limit and weight limit (if there is one)?

Thank you.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You can't really generalize from the rest of Iberia to Level.

It's true that it is IB operated, but it's operated as a completely separate brand specifically for low cost.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Found some trip reports - apparently they are strict.

And the limit is 10 kilo (22 lbs.): https://www.flylevel.com/your_journey#chargesLead

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
You can't really generalize from the rest of Iberia to Level.

It's true that it is IB operated, but it's operated as a completely separate brand specifically for low cost.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Level is a low cost carrier based on a business model of charging for absolutely anything they can think of. I suspect that employees will be incentivised to find ways to generate revenue.

You might get lucky, but you should expect to be charged if you try to carry the proverbial kitchen sink onboard. Generally speaking, the typical American wheel-aboard will be too large.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:25 pm

What about Iberia itself. Flying them from Madrid to Portugal, do they often weigh carry on to check the 10kg limit?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by jmsnyc
What about Iberia itself. Flying them from Madrid to Portugal, do they often weigh carry on to check the 10kg limit?
They do not check anything. I think it is the last feature they keep from a legacy carrier.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
If you can lift it yourself into the overhead bin, you're fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.