Unable to pay for award ticket

Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Unable to pay for award ticket

Hi all, I'm trying to purchase 2 one way business tickets from Iberia.com for BOS-MAD on Sept 29. I'm able to see availability and fill out my info, but everytime I click "pay now" at the last page, I keep getting "unable to connect to system scorer" message. I must have tried a dozen times with 4 different browsers but still same result every time.

I contacted Iberia twitter team but so far no help from them either.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any insights or suggestions of what I should do. I'm just afraid that the availability will soon disappear. Thank you so much.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by kalbear
Hi all, I'm trying to purchase 2 one way business tickets from Iberia.com for BOS-MAD on Sept 29. I'm able to see availability and fill out my info, but everytime I click "pay now" at the last page, I keep getting "unable to connect to system scorer" message. I must have tried a dozen times with 4 different browsers but still same result every time.

I contacted Iberia twitter team but so far no help from them either.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any insights or suggestions of what I should do. I'm just afraid that the availability will soon disappear. Thank you so much.
I am going thru the same thing today. So frustrating. Did you ever get it sorted out on your end?

Update: I called Iberia and got it ticketed after 5 calls I actually got a live person.

Last edited by pointspinnacle; Jul 30, 2017 at 5:54 pm
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
I still haven't been able to get a resolution. Twitter team told me that they discovered IT problem (duh!) and asked booking department to contact me but not sure if they will ever do that.

@pointspinnacle what was phone number you use to call them? Were you able to use the same # of points on the phone compared to online? When I tried to use 1-800 number, the business award was 50,000 points vs 34,000 ordering online.

Last edited by kalbear; Jul 31, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:48 pm

still going on. If i didn't already transfer my points, i would just scrap the whole thing. By the time it took to transfer, then fight with the system trying to pay, the business seats are now unavail. Now i need to call to try to get prem econ, everytime I call its an hour on hold, and 30% of the time they just can't hear me at all.
edit- now i call, click 2 for english, he says a representative will be with me, and keeps hanging up. Hope the plane mechanics are better than the IT guys.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:01 pm

I had the same problem two weeks ago. Nothing but errors trying to ticket online. Was finally able to book via phone.

First agent I reached quoted taxes and fees that were 700 euros more than the online tool showed (but the correct number of Avios). He then suggested I use the Spainish version of the site which also didn't work and pulled the seats out of inventory.

Second agent said he couldn't see the seats so there was nothing he could do.

After about an hour the seats showed up online again. The third agent I reached seemed do have a much better idea of what was going on. He saw that my account had the miles debited and credited several times and after about 30 minutes was able to get it ticketed. I paid an extra 15 euro per person in phone booking fees which I couldn't get waived. It was ultimately issued in Madrid and I paid the fees in euros and not dollars.

Twitter was no help for me either. A frustrating experience all around but a good reminder that hang up and call again can work!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:10 pm

Same issues here. I can't book any Iberia award flights online, always getting the system scorer error. I can't book any British Airways award flights, always says my card is declined with fraud detection. I called my card issuer and iberia has never tried to run a transaction against them. I've called the US booking phone line for Iberia and the guy barely spoke English. His phone connection was also horrible. He basically told me none of the award flights I was seeing was available to book. Seriously?!!

My friend is having the same issues. She finally phoned in and asked to just book an award flight with a British Airways because surprise...the iberia award flight she wanted to book wasn't actually available. The agent got very furious with her and said they can't do that (book BA award flights). She then asked why do they show them (BA) available on their website and the agent literally screamed at her to not tell her out to do her job and hung up on her.

At this point, I'm moving my points out of their program asap. The whole thing screams that it is one big scam or they have some VERY Serious issues going on.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:56 pm

I tried again today (after several weeks of it not working) and the site worked as expected. So if you are having trouble, you might want to give it a try again.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:24 am

I just had this same problem yesterday (in addition to not even being able to log into the site at all for much of the day). I could find the award flights I expected but unable to pay. After about 5 hang up and call agains, I finally got an agent who was able to see the award availability I knew was there (from checking AA, BA, QF sites). It seems this agent was based in Spain. He made a comment about the account being too new (<7 days) causing some issue, but I'm sceptical that was the case. Has anyone else had such trouble booking awards through Iberia?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:56 pm

I'm having same error message and I opened account last night. Expert flyer now showing business seats are not available, but hoping because they are in my "cart". Been on hold for about 1/2 hour, what a joke. I just transferred points in from Chase, so the seats better be there

edit-transferred twice, but was able to get booked!!

Last edited by theplayer; Aug 16, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:52 pm

I am having the same issue with "scorer". Called many times, got someone helpful but even they couldn't ticket me. They said they could see my points, but couldn't apply them. They said they had never seen the problem before and gave me no further guidance. Few things to note: 1) I opened the account a day ago 2) I also transferred in amex points which arrived late yesterday.

I probably wouldn't be as concerned but after seeing all the noise online about this I'm worried I would have no recourse and be stuck with orphan points

Did any of you have similar timing circumstances? Has anyone had any luck figuring out the issue here? Is calling repeatedly the only option?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by fatsnax
I am having the same issue with "scorer". Called many times, got someone helpful but even they couldn't ticket me. They said they could see my points, but couldn't apply them. They said they had never seen the problem before and gave me no further guidance. Few things to note: 1) I opened the account a day ago 2) I also transferred in amex points which arrived late yesterday.

I probably wouldn't be as concerned but after seeing all the noise online about this I'm worried I would have no recourse and be stuck with orphan points

Did any of you have similar timing circumstances? Has anyone had any luck figuring out the issue here? Is calling repeatedly the only option?

Thanks!!
Same thing is happening to me - did you ever get it resolved? I created the account 2 days ago, and the transfer from AMEX just got into my account. I keep getting "unable to connect to system scorer" on the payment screen.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:25 am

Yes it took four days of calling but eventually they ticketed me over the phone. Just keep calling until you get someone good. Sad but truly the only way
surf878 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.