Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Economy Class to Business Class Upgrading

Economy Class to Business Class Upgrading

Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:58 pm

Business Class Upgrades

I am about to purchase to regular tickets LAX - Madrid. What are my chances of getting business class upgrades for either points or cash? I have never done this before and i have quite a few Amex and Chase I would like to use. Thank you in advance
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by russianmaya
I am about to purchase to regular tickets LAX - Madrid. What are my chances of getting business class upgrades for either points or cash? I have never done this before and i have quite a few Amex and Chase I would like to use. Thank you in advance
No chance with miles, unless you buy an expensive economy ticket.

Sometimes you can bid cash for an upgrade. But don't count on it.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:51 pm

Thank you
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
This flight is normally full in J... at least when I have flown in.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by augias84
Hi everyone, what if I booked the ticket with miles as an economy award -- is the cash upgrade option still available since it doesn't care about the fare class? Or does it have to be a revenue ticket?
Redemptions are also suitable to receive offers for cash upgrades, at least, on S/H
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I tried once and they told me that my fare didnt allow it...
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by ggomtel
I tried once and they told me that my fare didnt allow it...
It depends what you ask for. You have two options really:

-Few days before your flight, you may receive a personal offer to upgrade to a higher class. I have received this offers on Avios bookings, although my experience is only on short-haul. I believe the bidding system is not in use any more, or at least it hasnt been there on my last 15+ bookings.
-Upgrade at the airport: no idea.

Now if you want to upgrade a purchased fare with Avios, remember that ONLY flexible fares are suitable for upgrade with Avios in Iberia Plus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.