FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia.com domain appears to not exist right now (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1837937-iberia-com-domain-appears-not-exist-right-now.html)

rrgg Apr 20, 2017 11:10 am

Iberia.com domain is a little flakey right now

Is anyone else seeing this problem? I tried to visit www.iberia.com and get a domain error, or Error página no encontrada, or a page from interdomain.es. I also can't click on any links in an email I received about promotions.

Edited: It seems like https://www.iberia.com/web/home.do?m...us&language=en works though which is strange. Maybe it's a problem on my end.

craigthemif Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am

Problem's on your end...

dw Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 28206233)
Is anyone else seeing this problem? I tried to visit www.iberia.com and get a domain error, or Error página no encontrada, or a page from interdomain.es.

Same here... I'm in the US and getting a page from interdomain.es on my end.

armouredant Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm

I was just seeing this, too. Seems like they're working it out now, though.

vivoid Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 28206256)
Problem's on your end...

:-: for you - helpful

BobbySteel Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

haha the idiots must have let their domain name lapse, or let it be hijacked. DNS whois shows something changed today, so hijacking probably most likely answer.

schrodingerdog Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Iberia's twitter is replying to people that website is down, they are aware and looking at the issue.

Seems like domain hijacking.

NickP 1K Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 28206256)
Problem's on your end...

No just means your ISP has stale DNS records and aren't refreshing DNS updates properly.

Iberia's DNS records were altered - likely their stupidity for having the domain name registration better protected. That change would propagate pretty quick to downstream name servers.

Iberia's DNS provider is also clueless as their TTL seems to be 24 hours (86,400 seconds) - most providers don't do this anymore. Essentially what it means is the bad record will not get a force update for 24 hours as downstream DNS servers don't have a need to expire for 24 hours. 12 hours is best practice and even lower if you have proactive moves/changes happening

FlyerTalker688786 Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by NickP 1K (Post 28208111)
No just means your ISP has stale DNS records and aren't refreshing DNS updates properly.

Iberia's DNS records were altered - likely their stupidity for having the domain name registration better protected. That change would propagate pretty quick to downstream name servers.

Iberia's DNS provider is also clueless as their TTL seems to be 24 hours (86,400 seconds) - most providers don't do this anymore. Essentially what it means is the bad record will not get a force update for 24 hours as downstream DNS servers don't have a need to expire for 24 hours. 12 hours is best practice and even lower if you have proactive moves/changes happening

Thank you for the helpful insight!

craigthemif Apr 22, 2017 1:50 am

Originally Posted by NickP 1K (Post 28208111)

Quite possibly, but I am also based in Spain and use iberia.es to access their website, and that worked the whole time.

NickP 1K Apr 22, 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 28213723)
Quite possibly, but I am also based in Spain and use iberia.es to access their website, and that worked the whole time.

Yeah . - I tried that and it redirected to the dead iberia.com :) . Likely they had a geo located redirect if outside Spain. You would have thought that they temp would have taken the redirect off and just set it to the Spanish site with English language

schrodingerdog Apr 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Iberia's website is half-dead again

if just go to www.iberia.com it says 'The page you have requested is not available'. But if you got iberia.com/gb it works...

rrgg Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog (Post 28216060)

if just go to www.iberia.com it says 'The page you have requested is not available'. But if you got iberia.com/gb it works...

I haven't had trouble with it today. If you do, please try the link in my first post.

armouredant Apr 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog (Post 28216060)

This is actually a common problem on Iberia.com - clear your cookies.

spainflyer Apr 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Français, anyone?

For some time, up until about a month ago, when I tried to log into www.iberia.com or www.iberia.es, the French translation of the website came up. Of course Google kindly asked me if I wanted to translate it, but that is not the question.

I could not change the site to English or Spanish. Anyone else have the same problem?

On the brighter side, I was able to book travel in French...:D