Combine Avios is broken?

Old Nov 20, 19, 10:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
What I cannot get an answer for is how you move Avios from Vueling to Iberia? I just cannot find any tool with which to do this. Has anybody any ideas please?
Old Jun 3, 20, 2:50 pm

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Just thought I'd bring this thread back up to describe the process that I've gone through over the last few days to move avios from BA to IB. Who knows if it will stick, but I finally got it going for now.

I've had well established BA and IB accounts for many years and I have been able pretty freely to move Avios among them. I had not done it in about a year though, and when I recently tried to move from BA to IB it would not work and I would get various errors whichever method I attempted to use. After trying many combinations, here's what finally worked.

First, I had to create an AerClub account. This was a problem because I had an old disabled Avios account that was tied to the e-mail that I use on BA.com and IB.com. So, I joined AerClub using a different e-mail address but making sure all the rest of my details matched the information in my BA and IB profiles. Thereafter, I was able to change the e-mail in my BA and IB accounts to the same e-mail that I used to create my AerClub account. Now, I can do the transfer by pulling BA avios into AerClub/Avios and then using AerClub/Avios to push them to IB. To get it to work I also had to I guess "reactivate" my IB account by sending 1,000 Amex points to it.
Old Jun 4, 20, 2:32 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Pleasant surprise!

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
What I cannot get an answer for is how you move Avios from Vueling to Iberia? I just cannot find any tool with which to do this. Has anybody any ideas please?
Goodness, nice to see you pop up again. We've both been around for years...I guess you're safely retired in Europe, and now out of the BA fiasco.
Old Jun 4, 20, 3:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by mike turnbull View Post
Goodness, nice to see you pop up again. We've both been around for years...I guess you're safely retired in Europe, and now out of the BA fiasco.
mike turnbull Mike - how lovely to see you. Yes, I folded my wings a few years back - and indeed I am out of BA. It breaks my heart seeing what is happening to those still there for now. I am normally in Alicante so BA and Iberia get all my business even though Iberia drive me up the pole. Fly safe and be well! What brings you to Iberia my Love?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: