Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-MAD earliest time I can drop bags?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

ORD-MAD earliest time I can drop bags?

I had to do a separate positioning flight to get to ORD. I will be arriving pretty early in the morning. My flight to MAD is 13:20. I would like to kill my time in the lounge but it is after security and I will have a checked bag. I will need to pickup bag and recheck onto Iberia, then pass back through security. Does anyone have any experience with What time Iberia opens their counter and allows bags to be checked? I ran into this at JFK with AirBerlin one time and had to sit on the concourse floor for 3 hours waiting for the counter to open one time and would like to avoid that.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Usually about 3 hours before departure.

If you are positioning with AA, they are still apparently interlining separate tickets so you may just be able to do that.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Usually about 3 hours before departure.

If you are positioning with AA, they are still apparently interlining separate tickets so you may just be able to do that.
Thanks, I am using AA to position. Do you know how I go about seeing if they can check bags through? Scares me a bit as I see alot of horror stories about IB baggage issues. Adding interlining could land me in a lost luggage situation.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aviator8
I had to do a separate positioning flight to get to ORD. I will be arriving pretty early in the morning. My flight to MAD is 13:20. I would like to kill my time in the lounge but it is after security and I will have a checked bag. I will need to pickup bag and recheck onto Iberia, then pass back through security. Does anyone have any experience with What time Iberia opens their counter and allows bags to be checked? I ran into this at JFK with AirBerlin one time and had to sit on the concourse floor for 3 hours waiting for the counter to open one time and would like to avoid that.
i would only check bags directly with Iberia. and regardging check in.. i believe is 1:00 PM at Iberia Counter. they dont show up before then so you cant check in.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by aviator8
I ran into this at JFK with AirBerlin one time and had to sit on the concourse floor for 3 hours waiting for the counter to open one time and would like to avoid that.
Concourse floor and AA lounge at ORD K gates is not much different.

Hopefully when they finish the renovation it will be OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.