Search

Amazing Avis Avios Deal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Is this promotion even legal? It sounds like Iberia are using the work experience kid to think up the rules of their offers.
Don't ask me! I won't touch these number limited promotions. You have no way of telling if you are within the first 100, or 10,000, customers.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Homepage still has the promotion. Someone here must have an idea of how it might work?

If 10 people each made 10 speculative bookings in the first 5 minutes of the promotion, will that have used up the 100?

If booking number 99 was made for the last week of the promotion, and booking number 101 was made for the first week of the promotion, does booker 101 have a chance of getting the extra points at the end of the promotional period if booker 99 cancels at the last minute?!

I'd like to think that Avis would give anyone the extra points who booked while the homepage still had the promotion...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like there’s another Avis deal being rolled out, good for the first 1,000 bookings. Again, I don’t think I’ll be partaking in this one.

http://www.avisiberia.es/avisonline/...,travelfurther
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Concerto
Looks like there’s another Avis deal being rolled out, good for the first 1,000 bookings. Again, I don’t think I’ll be partaking in this one.

http://www.avisiberia.es/avisonline/...,travelfurther
Dangerous territory. Different T&C in English vs Spanish...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tobsw
Dangerous territory. Different T&C in English vs Spanish...
I'd trust the Spanish one personally. The main difference seems to be the addition of an extra weekend in December for the Spanish one unless you can spot any other differences?

I've booked a rental Sat 11th - Tues 13th Novemeber so I'll post here and let everyone know if it credits...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
I'd trust the Spanish one personally. The main difference seems to be the addition of an extra weekend in December for the Spanish one unless you can spot any other differences?

I've booked a rental Sat 11th - Tues 13th Novemeber so I'll post here and let everyone know if it credits...
To obtain 9.000 Avios:
Spanish version:
-rent between 8th-12th november or 5th-10th december
-minimum 3 days rental (any car category): in both cases, your rental must include the night from saturday to sunday

English version:
-limited to first 1.000 bookings
-2 day rental between 8th-12th november
-car category C

I think you will be fine... but I´m still in a battle with Avis regarding the 18.000 Avios promo in August/September. So i´m not "in" this time.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:09 am

To obtain 9.000 Avios:
Spanish version:
-rent between 8th-12th november or 5th-10th december
-minimum 3 days rental (any car category): in both cases, your rental must include the night from saturday to sunday

English version:
-limited to first 1.000 bookings
-2 day rental between 8th-12th november
-car category C

I think you will be fine... but I´m still in a battle with Avis regarding the 18.000 Avios promo in August/September. So i´m not "in" this time.
OK well I've booked 3 days of category E from 11th-13th so hopefully I'll be good.

It's disappointing that you didn't get credit for the previous promotion. I didn't use the recent 18k bonus one (which I think was in any case limited to 100 bookings) but I did use several of the previous promotions and they all tracked fine...
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
It's disappointing that you didn't get credit for the previous promotion. I didn't use the recent 18k bonus one (which I think was in any case limited to 100 bookings) but I did use several of the previous promotions and they all tracked fine...
They've notified me that my booking was one of the first 100 bookings. However, they did not manage the promo good enough. I was promised the points would appear in IbPlus within 14 days (and that was at the beginning of october). Still no points... The good thing I got loads of patience
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Last time Avis eventually replied to my chasing-of-Avios to say that I had used the wrong discount code. Naturally this isn't true, but I can see no way to take it any further. And who knows whether the rental office I use regularly overrode my reservation details with my Preferred profile.

I plan to avoid this one - not worth it.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:32 pm

They've notified me that my booking was one of the first 100 bookings
As a matter of interest, what time did you book? just after midnight Spanish time?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
As a matter of interest, what time did you book? just after midnight Spanish time?
Sometime around 10-11 am Spanish time. However, I do not know in which position my booking was.
Wanderlust888 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just simply wouldn’t touch promotions that offer a deal to the first 100 or 1,000 participants.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I just simply wouldn’t touch promotions that offer a deal to the first 100 or 1,000 participants.
The one where they said 2,000 participants, was on the website for many weeks and people successfully earned the points from it when there must have already been tens of thousands of participants (given that Spanish people will often book through www.avisiberia.es without even noticing the promotion).

As these promotions are so generous I am tempted to give them a go when I need a car anyway, although there are no guarantees of course.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You’re right enough. I’m at a point where I only do them if I really need them. But if it works, all the better!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
The one where they said 2,000 participants, was on the website for many weeks and people successfully earned the points from it when there must have already been tens of thousands of participants (given that Spanish people will often book through www.avisiberia.es without even noticing the promotion).

As these promotions are so generous I am tempted to give them a go when I need a car anyway, although there are no guarantees of course.
Yeah, I booked under the 'limited to first 1000' offer twice, a month apart and still had the Avios credit both times...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.