Amazing Avis Avios Deal

Old Dec 9, 16, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond
Interesting to find out that the computer system failure was UK-wide. It was still down when I picked up at 2pm.

I'm likely to return the car without about 5 miles driven. Any idea if I need to show a receipt from a fuel station?
Old Dec 9, 16, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by britbronco22 View Post
Interesting to find out that the computer system failure was UK-wide. It was still down when I picked up at 2pm.

I'm likely to return the car without about 5 miles driven. Any idea if I need to show a receipt from a fuel station?
It looks like Avis apply a refuelling charge to rentals under 75km unless you show a fuel receipt
Old Dec 10, 16, 4:28 am

Just picked mine up. They gave me a bloody huge estate - all they had left - which is NOT ideal for parking in central London!

Hope these points post properly...
Old Dec 10, 16, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Mine has been parked in Riehen (at a friend's house) since Friday. I was planning on going back up today (from Sion), but decided to do a mountain hike instead. In addition, there were two major piles ups around Bern (on the A1 and A6). Tomorrow I will go back up to Basel and take the car for a drive, as the weather is so amazingly sunny at the moment. At least that will push me over the 75km limit mentioned above.
Old Dec 10, 16, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
All Gone Home

I've just tried to pick my car up at Belfast City Airport. It was booked for 2000 on Saturday 10 Dec (until 2000 Tuesday 13 Dec), via the Iberia Avis Spanish website. On arrival, I was told, by a deeply apologetic Avis staff member, that all other Avis staff had gone home early so no cars would be available until tomorrow, Sunday 11 Dec.

Called the Avis President's Club number and was told by the Spanish agent that if return to the airport on Sunday 11 Dec I will get 18,700 Avios but I doubt it.

Any suggestions on what to do next?
Old Dec 11, 16, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Probably just let this promotion fly past and don't lose sleep over it. There'll be more promotions, believe me. The key thing is, if possible, not to leave things too late with these offers, and Saturday evening on the last day of the promo was probably pushing it a bit.
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:50 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by umba815 View Post
Yes, collected mine first thing as well and the Avis computer network outage was affecting Telford too. The lady behind the desk was very apologetic for the delay as she had to do everything manually. I'm fairly confident on the points being awarded though as the booking was showing on the Avis app on my phone. I'm sure success or failure will be reported on this thread. Good luck to all renters!
Yes, system was down... as PREFERRED Ive got my contrat opened properly at 7 AM Madrid time and "on hold" when I arrived to AVIOS location, many agents asking for e-mails to send contract by e-mail to customers as they are not able to print anything from the system.
Old Dec 20, 16, 9:23 am

Has anyone had their avios post yet?

I've had nada.
Old Dec 21, 16, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Has anyone had their avios post yet?

I've had nada.
Nothing here although I believe it was mentioned on the T&C that could take up to 8 weeks for that to happen.
Old Dec 21, 16, 7:20 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
For anyone who hasn't dealt with Iberia posting points.

Don't hold your breath, if they say it can take 8 weeks, be prepared for 12.
Old Dec 21, 16, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

I will be sitting it out! I reckon it will be something like the Groupon Avios offers, which take forever to post (by the way, I only bought a 2,000 Avios package in the last round of that, because I'm still not sure if not being a Spanish resident could cause problems).
Old Dec 23, 16, 6:33 am

Hmm, Iberia posted 700 points. Anyone got the whole thing or maybe it will come later on (8 or 12 weeks)?
Old Dec 23, 16, 6:45 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I didn't do this promotion, but it's very normal for the promotions to post at a different time.
Old Dec 23, 16, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by xhemp View Post
Hmm, Iberia posted 700 points. Anyone got the whole thing or maybe it will come later on (8 or 12 weeks)?
Yeah same here, only 700 points for now. Let's hope the rest comes later ...
Old Dec 23, 16, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist View Post
I didn't do this promotion, but it's very normal for the promotions to post at a different time.
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: