Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

One World Sapphire advance seating Iberia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios

I am AA Plat and I was able to book advance seat for my flight from LHR To MAD but they would not give me free seat assignment for my wife who is travelling on same locator.Is this correct or should I call back to get another agent.My wife is not Sapphire.I could not find clear info on this on either AA or Iberia website.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
HUACA. Seat selection should apply to everybody on the same locator. Have you tried to figure out the IB locator and to manage the booking online?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks,I was unable to book seating online so I had to call Iberia directly.They booked my seat once I gave them my AA # but they said this benefit does not apply to my wife.I looked on both the Iberia website and AA and it is not clear that the benefits apply to companions.

When your top tier status is equivalent to oneworld Sapphire, you are entitled to the following oneworld benefits, no matter which oneworld airline or cabin class you are flying:
Access to priority Business Class check-in
Priority boarding
Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight
Priority standby and waitlisting (where offered)
Access to more than 650 airport lounges (with one guest) when travelling internationally, including premium Business Class and frequent flyer lounges, regardless of the class of service flown that day. For details about the oneworld lounge access policy, click here.
In addition to all of the above privileges, Sapphire frequent flyers can now enjoy two new benefits:
Extra baggage allowance*

As a Sapphire frequent flyer the following special baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines.
On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy baggage allowance.
On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "piece" system - one additional bag*, weighing up to 23 kgs, up to a maximum of two pieces.
* On purely domestic itineraries, using the baggage allowance "piece" system, with no ticketed baggage entitlement - the assurance of at least one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs.
Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will in most cases receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.
*This benefit is not available on British Airways 'Hand Baggage Only' fares on select short-haul routes.
*For domestic routes operated by LAN Airlines, Sapphire cardholders may check in up to two bags with a combined weight not exceeding 23 kgs.

There is no mention of companion benefit that i could find online.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
LHR-MAD flights are "BA" flights and therefore the BA seating policy applies. Try contacting BA, they should/may have a separate reference for you on the BA5xx flight number.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tilto007
I am AA Plat and I was able to book advance seat for my flight from LHR To MAD but they would not give me free seat assignment for my wife who is travelling on same locator.Is this correct or should I call back to get another agent.My wife is not Sapphire.I could not find clear info on this on either AA or Iberia website.
The benefit extends to your wife if on the same PNR. Get the BA reference of which on the LHR-MAD there will be one and then go to BA.COM and select what you want free. Its a case of two systems not talking to eachother and confused call centre agents.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
LHR-MAD flights are "BA" flights and therefore the BA seating policy applies. Try contacting BA, they should/may have a separate reference for you on the BA5xx flight number.
Thanks for tip but this flight is actually Iberia Express out of Gatwick,not BA metal.I will try anyways,Thanks for all the suggestions
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In that case BA will not be able to help. How did you book your trip?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Booked directly with Iberia for the amazing price of $48.I had no idea intra European flights were so cheap??Was planning to use Avios but I could not pass up cash price.I am travelling next week thru MIA so I plan to stop at Iberia ticket counter and see if they can do it there.

Originally Posted by BA6501
In that case BA will not be able to help. How did you book your trip?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Refer them to this part:

Clientes con tarjetas Iberia Singular, Iberia Plus Platino y Oro (esmeralda y zafiro de oneworld) podrán seleccionar de forma gratuita el asiento desde el momento de realizar la reserva, para todas las personas que figuren en la misma reserva.
from http://www.iberia.com/es/reserva-de-asientos/
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks,I looked but could not find this info in English.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's there in English too, go on the same page and change the top left language to English. Scroll down and look under Iberia Plus benefits.

Customers with Iberia Singular or Iberia Plus Platinum or Gold cards (oneworld emerald or sapphire) may select their seating for free from the time they make their booking and for all the people who appear on the same reservation.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
So I am looking at a Básica fare (Turista class) within Europe (Spain/France). Both wife and I are AA Exec Plat thus oneworld Emerald. When I click through to book the seat, after putting in our AAdvantage numbers, the system seems to want to charge for seat selection (and wants to sell us a checked bag).

Is Básica so low that the oneworld perks (seat selection, checked bags) don't apply?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After booking, it should work for free.

Free seat selection and 1 piece each.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive

after
booking -- got it. Helps a lot, thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Has there been a change in the type of seats available for booking as OW elite perks? On basica fare and my OWE status/ husband OWS status, we could only preselect seat from middle of the plane towards the back. The front half are empty but blocked. I remember before I could select even the first row of the Y class seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.