Sendo card promotions

Old Jul 2, 16, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Sendo card promotions

Has anyone else had all the promotions from Iberiacards just dry up? There was one nearly every month, and since May, there's been nothing.
Old Jul 2, 16, 8:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by LupineChemist View Post
Has anyone else had all the promotions from Iberiacards just dry up? There was one nearly every month, and since May, there's been nothing.
+1

Every beginning of the month I am hoping that a new promo will be launched but nada, except 3x in Carrefour that it is a bit pathetic.
Old Aug 3, 16, 12:37 am

Another month with no promo from the Sendo Cards.
Old Aug 3, 16, 2:37 am
Original Poster

I sent a complaint saying that I would not renew if this continued and got the following response.

"Asimismo, le informamos que próximamente recibirá nuevas promociones asociadas a la obtención de Avios y le recordamos que también premiamos su fidelidad con la campaña de Aniversavios,"

For those that need translating...basically soon there will be new ones. I don't really believe them, but I hope so. There was no 50% off avios promotion in the summer and I'm really hoping for one to book my vacations for next year.
Old Aug 5, 16, 9:42 am

I sent a complaint saying that I would not renew if this continued and got the following response.

"Asimismo, le informamos que próximamente recibirá nuevas promociones asociadas a la obtención de Avios y le recordamos que también premiamos su fidelidad con la campaña de Aniversavios,"

For those that need translating...basically soon there will be new ones. I don't really believe them, but I hope so. There was no 50% off avios promotion in the summer and I'm really hoping for one to book my vacations for next year.
Thanks LupineChemist,

Hope they launch some promos soon, otherwise I will put most of my expenses to the classic Amex.
Regarding the 50% avios promotion, there was one around mid March for bookings up to mid June IIRC. I guess/hope we will see another one at the end of September/early October for trips up to mid December.
Old Aug 22, 16, 5:28 am
Original Poster

On updating the app on iOS, one of the line items was "updating campaign dates" so hopefully that means things will get working soon.
Old Aug 22, 16, 10:52 am

On updating the app on iOS, one of the line items was "updating campaign dates" so hopefully that means things will get working soon.
Thanks LupineChemist,

They only launched the app for Android a few weeks ago and I did not bother to instal it. I have just done it but I do not see what you are mentioning, I guess that we have to wait for an update.
Old Aug 25, 16, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Promotions are back!

September is 2x on all purchases. Nothing stellar, but glad to have a bit of extra and brings me hope we might get some good ones for Christmas shopping season again.
Old Aug 25, 16, 10:46 am

Promotions are back!

September is 2x on all purchases. Nothing stellar, but glad to have a bit of extra and brings me hope we might get some good ones for Christmas shopping season again.
Thanks LupineChemist!

As you say, nothing spectacular but better than nothing.

Hope to see a Dec-Feb *6 promo!
Old Aug 29, 16, 8:31 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Yeah, there are not that many promos indeed. But better to have this (x2 Avios) than nothing. I am looking forward to reward sale which was around end of September last year and spring this year.
How do you learn about Iberia Sendo promos? I don't get any emails from Iberia Sendo. Is it just me or their marketing department relies on the word of mouth?
Old Aug 29, 16, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I check my account online and it's pretty prominently displayed on www.iberiacards.es. Though I do usually get emails for the 50% off sales.
Old Aug 29, 16, 9:28 am

Hey @LupineChemist thanks for your reply!
I was also wondering if you ever uses the other famous advantage of Iberia Sendo - 10% off flights. Whenever I try booking a flight, it always flags up as ineligible. I am not sure if it's a system glitch or just me being dumb(a). Do you know what flights can be discounted?
Old Aug 29, 16, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I use it fairly often.

I'm assuming you read Spanish fine so here's the conditions.

El descuento es válido para vuelos con salida desde España, en clase Turista o Business, operados por Iberia, Iberia Express e Iberia Regional Air Nostrum. El descuento no se aplica en vuelos IB4XXX, IB5XXX, IB7XXX, vuelos de puente aéreo, vuelos interbaleares e intercanarias y las rutas con precios concertados Madrid-Menorca y Almería-Sevilla. En los billetes de ida y vuelta, sólo se permiten trayectos con salida y regreso desde la misma ciudad, no es posible realizar paradas en diferentes ciudades.
Old Aug 29, 16, 11:19 am

Thank you very much! Let me check again!
Old Aug 29, 16, 11:20 am

Btw, did you realize that they just halved sign-up bonus on Gold Card from 18,000 avios to 9,000? I wonder why...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: