Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

How to Prevent Iberia Avios from Expiring?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to Prevent Iberia Avios from Expiring?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I need to buy some points to keep my avios from expiring. The website won't let me buy any. I have a USA address. Other than buying, I don't see any other simple way to get a few avios. You can no longer buy something small to make it happen. I really do not want to get my email address associated with the 'survey' thing. Any other options? or ways around the can't buy thing?
Car rental? Hotel stay? Do you have any Amex MR or Chase UR points you could convert to IB Plus Avios?

I've used the survey points to keep my IB+ points from expiring, but I understand that not everyone is amenable to that. And you could certainly create a new email account just for the surveys, if you wish.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Thanks, but I only have 3 weeks and no travel planned. I also do not have any credit cards that will transfer.

I do need a flight from Munich to Madrid in September. I might just book that using avios. That should charge the avios immediately and be considered 'real activity'.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:37 pm

Does "Avios for Thoughts" earning count to reset the clock?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If anyone needs to spend a bit to keep avios, I'm happy to accept a cabify to the airport from your account.

Note: Tongue firmly in cheek
csycsycsy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:58 pm

Hi all, I tried to register to the e-rewards website to fill up the survey but for some reason it doesn’t recognize my IB number. Any idea what I can do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.