Wiki Posts
Search

50k Avios between Europe and N. America

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
50k Avios between Europe and N. America

So I logged into my account and got a promotion for an extra 50k avios if I complete 4 segments between Europe and N. America between now and the end of July.

I have one trip already scheduled for June and will probably make it for the 4, but I was wondering if anyone can see exactly what you get for just 2 legs if my work trip doesn't work out. It says there are avios awarded but isn't too clear about it.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:41 am

I don't understand it either... I have three valid legs for this period. It looks like a bonus per leg (minimum 2, maximum 4), but it is very unclear. Maybe it's something like double points per flight.

Also, there is another promotion, this one simpler: 1500 avios for making a reservation to America until May 16th.

Last edited by Yllanes; May 13, 2016 at 7:52 am
Old May 13, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's probably the same promo as the ones being offered by American Airlines and Finnair. 25K for each return in Business Class. 15K for a return in Premium Economy or Y/B class economy. 2K for a return in discounted Economy.

No surprise Iberia can't make that clear though...
Old May 26, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Has anyone completed the travel and can comment on whether or not the bonus avios will be awarded for flights booked before 9th May? In the AA version of this promo it seems to be happy with bookings made before the advertised date...
Old May 27, 2016, 2:30 am
Original Poster

The conditions indicate it shouldn't be an issue. I've got a weekend in NYC in a few weeks so I'll find out soon enough.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The conditions indicate it shouldn't be an issue. I've got a weekend in NYC in a few weeks so I'll find out soon enough.
Please report, I am trying to decide whether to credit my parents' flights to AA (where we'd get more miles due to multiple promos) or IB where we have more flexibility with combining points with BA and household account...
Old May 27, 2016, 7:34 am

The promotional Avios will start posting to the accounts only after July 1, so probably not in time for you to decide.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
The promotional Avios will start posting to the accounts only after July 1, so probably not in time for you to decide.
Actually it is in time, we're travelling mid-July
Old May 27, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by wmaciej
Actually it is in time, we're travelling mid-July
Actually, I was thinking that, knowing IB, "after July 1" could very well mean August... But I am flying in late June (and again in late July) and I will definitively report back when I get my extra Avios.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:01 am

Hey Yllanes, any update on the bonus avios front? I'm still trying to make my mind whether I should credit to IB or AA to make most of this offer
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:42 am
Original Poster

I have 2 TATLs credited and still haven't gotten any bonus. I was hoping it would credit this week.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
+1 but only one TATL in my case. So far nothing, I hope that we do not to have to claim to IB+
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:09 am

Same as the others. From experience with IB+, it wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait a couple of weeks.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:32 pm

Doh! I think I'll just go with AA promo instead - at least their points post timely...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
The 25k bonus avios for my return TATL flight have been credited. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.