Wiki Posts
Search

Seat information on A330-300

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Seat information on A330-300

Hi all,

This is a really minor question and I couldn't find a thread specifically for seat information.

I'm flying on IB6165 from MAD to BOS which I believe is going to be an A330-300. Does anybody have any views about Seats 27C or 10C? Which of these rows is going to better in Y? I am sat by myself and can select either with OWS but haven't been on a longhaul IB in years.

Simon.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Similar. 10A may have a baby (and you might then be kicked out of 10C). Seats on the right hand side are better aligned with windows for some reason.

Row 27 has a lot of space to stretch out, but that space might be used by people waiting for the toilet.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all,

This is a really minor question and I couldn't find a thread specifically for seat information.

I'm flying on IB6165 from MAD to BOS which I believe is going to be an A330-300. Does anybody have any views about Seats 27C or 10C? Which of these rows is going to better in Y? I am sat by myself and can select either with OWS but haven't been on a longhaul IB in years.

Simon.
27C is an emergency exit row and has essentially unlimited legroom, but there are toilets nearby (plus the usual disadvantages of an exit row, such as no IFE or floor storage for take off and landing).

10C is the bulkhead and it is a very nice row in general (extra legroom, though not as much as an exit row and no toilets or galleys next to you).

However, if you want an aisle I prefer 10D or 10H. There are two reasons for this:
- The bassinet seats are 10AC and 10JL, while there are no hooks in the central block
- 10A is a window, but 10G is a middle seat. Therefore, there is a much higher likelihood of having an empty seat next to you in 10H than in 10C. Except for very full flights, the middle seats in the first rows of economy are very frequently empty (from purely anecdotal evidence I think IB even blocks seats next to status passengers). I find that having an empty seat next to me is much better than more legroom.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:13 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone know whether row 27 has proper windows? Or is it one of those where you have a wall next to you and have to lean forwards to see out a smaller window in the exit door?

Cheers if anyone has any insight
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
27L does, I believe 27A has half a window. Similar with 10A/10L.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:32 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
27L does, I believe 27A has half a window. Similar with 10A/10L.
Thanks a lot. Just moved to the other side of the plane
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yllanes
27C is an emergency exit row and has essentially unlimited legroom, but there are toilets nearby (plus the usual disadvantages of an exit row, such as no IFE or floor storage for take off and landing).

10C is the bulkhead and it is a very nice row in general (extra legroom, though not as much as an exit row and no toilets or galleys next to you).

However, if you want an aisle I prefer 10D or 10H. There are two reasons for this:
- The bassinet seats are 10AC and 10JL, while there are no hooks in the central block
- 10A is a window, but 10G is a middle seat. Therefore, there is a much higher likelihood of having an empty seat next to you in 10H than in 10C. Except for very full flights, the middle seats in the first rows of economy are very frequently empty (from purely anecdotal evidence I think IB even blocks seats next to status passengers). I find that having an empty seat next to me is much better than more legroom.

thaanks for all that information. it will be very usefull for me flying from ORD TO MAD. Great help!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.