Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Gettings an IB+ status with a number of flight segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gettings an IB+ status with a number of flight segments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Lightbulb Gettings an IB+ status with a number of flight segments

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been discussed before (in that case I can't seem to find it).
I was wondering if it's easier to reach IB+ elite status with flights segments rather than with Elite points: Silver/Plata - 25 flight segments or Gold/Oro - 50 flight segments. So in case of Oro, one only need 12 return flights a year + 1 odd one-way flight. Seems very reasonable to me and can be done easily with short-haul discounted flights.
Has anyone tried it?

To me it seems easier to take a few cheap flights than getting IB+ Elite Points in expensive long-haul business flight or a TP run.

I read on IB+ website that IB, BA Vueling and all OneWorld airlines flights counts. Is that the case?
If so then do I need to credit all flights into IB+? Are there any pitfalls like some fare classes are not eligible?
Just wanted to check before jumping in so I will appreciate your comments and thoughts

Many thanks for your insight.

D.

Last edited by dumba; Dec 29, 2015 at 1:43 pm Reason: some clarifications
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Well, yes it generally is easy to get to silver on short haul flights, especially if you have connections in there. The issue is that silver isn't all that valuable on its own.

And no, it's only IB, BA, and VY flights booked as Optima. Presumably EI flights will count in the near future.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:53 pm

Yes. Be careful, OW flights in general (other than BA) give you Avios and Puntos Elite but they do not count for the 25/50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.