Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Have received my refund today from my purchase made on 29 March. At first they would only refund half the money and give me the other half in Avios, and said nothing could be done to change that etc. However, when I informed them that I’m a lawyer, my money was quickly refunded alongside a 25 euro compensation as Groupon credit (although my suggestion was 50 eur).

Now considering whether to risk it (but paying with a credit card to be able to chargeback) on another purchase to use the credit.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So it really seems this whole thing has got a lot worse, a bit like the fiasco it was when it started. I am glad I have backed away from this offer.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Interesting - I was going to buy more with the Avios-24 offer, but I'm holding off until I know whether or not the American redemption option will be back.

As a data point, I didn't buy this time, but I did in March. Purchased 9-8,000 Avios packs. Purchased March 9th. Credited to my account March 30th. Bonus for buying through Iberia was credited on the 30th as well. 68,000 points redeemed for RT ORD-MAD business class seat shortly after that.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Groupon isn't responding to me about getting a refund for my Avios-24 purchase that haven't posted yet and it has been about two weeks (and a few additional emails I sent after the first one asking for a refund). I'll probably give it one more week and then do a charge back on my card. I'd guess that would be the end for me for buying from Groupon as they'd probably ban anyone who does that, but not sure what choice there is left at this point.

Originally I emailed them just in English and they did respond (only in Spanish). But follow ups I sent I did both in English and Spanish.

I did get the Iberia Store Avios posted recently.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Has anyone received Avios yet from the May 18th Groupon?
nope! so pissed off
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
What is the saying about a bargain that looks too good to be true? I was also tempted but ignored the offer. Tales of woe suggest to me that I personally made the correct move. Money is money. Chicanery is foolishness if one falls for it.

Last edited by tmac100; Jul 1, 2019 at 5:22 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by tmac100
What is the saying about a bargain that looks too good to be true? I was also tempted but ignored the offer. Tales of woe suggest to me that I personally made the correct move. Money is money. Chicanery of foolisness if one falls for it.
I used groupon.es several times before, always worked for me.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by tmac100
What is the saying about a bargain that looks too good to be true? I was also tempted but ignored the offer. Tales of woe suggest to me that I personally made the correct move. Money is money. Chicanery is foolishness if one falls for it.
Bizarre comment, considering I doubt anyone thinks the offer was too good to be true, ha. Plus it worked fine for me all the other times I've done this.

I did just get another email from Groupon asking for an updated screenshot. Sent them that, and they replied I should see the Avios in my account within a few days. Ignored my refund request though.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:46 pm

I'm in exactly the same position. I've always received the points before although it has taken a follow up with customer service on a couple of occasions. This time I'm getting no responses in either Spanish or English. I also got the store points. Fortunately I didn't buy a large amount but I think this will be my last purchase.

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Groupon isn't responding to me about getting a refund for my Avios-24 purchase that haven't posted yet and it has been about two weeks (and a few additional emails I sent after the first one asking for a refund).

Originally I emailed them just in English and they did respond (only in Spanish). But follow ups I sent I did both in English and Spanish.

I did get the Iberia Store Avios posted recently.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:10 am

Finally got my 35k avios today...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond
I received 8.000 points today. I have been waiting for it since march 2019.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Duben
I received 8.000 points today. I have been waiting for it since march 2019.
that's mental. hope to receive my 8000 asap
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:29 pm

Mine are from May but they haven't turned up yet.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:27 pm

I haven't written to Groupon for a couple of weeks but I received this update email today:

"The missing codes were sent to the Iberia department and I assure you that next week you will have your Avios. Since Iberia confirmed us that the system is already working correctly and our customers are already receiving their Avios"
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:57 pm

It’s next week. Did you receive anything? Nothing here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.