Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Concerto

It depends on whether the IberiaPlus store actually tracks and experience has been a bit spotty with this. Otherwise, 35,000 Avios for €429 is definitely not a “good deal” in my book. But if you have an immediate redemption planned then that is good and changes the sense of value considerably.
Of course everyone has to make the judgement about what is a "good deal" but I have done this twice before and both times got the IberiaPlus store credit.

I'd also debate what constitutes a good deal here - if the store credit doesn't come through, the cost is about 1.37 cents per Avios with the 35,000 Avios purchase. A RT Business Class seat for me, from O'hare to Madrid is 68,000 Avios. All in with taxes and fees, that would equate to a RT Business ticket for under $1200. In my mind, that is a "good deal" but of course YMMV.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Thanks for posting this. At least the IB Plus store is offering 13 points per Euro this time.
Did you read T&C? For this purchase (Avios from Groupon) IB Plus Store will award 5pts per Euro, not 13.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by oruvin
Did you read T&C? For this purchase (Avios from Groupon) IB Plus Store will award 5pts per Euro, not 13.
Could anyone that purchased this package confirms at least 5 avios/Euro it's being credited? That'd bring the price per avios down to 0.0115 instead of 0.0122.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by andreraw
Could anyone that purchased this package confirms at least 5 avios/Euro it's being credited? That'd bring the price per avios down to 0.0115 instead of 0.0122.
I was hoping for 13, but it just started tracking at 5 Avios per Euro for my purchase a few days ago. But I bought it knowing it might be possible it didn't track at all so didn't include the value of those when figuring out if it was worth buying Avios. Though all of my past Avios purchases tracked and deposited into my account.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler
Beware though. Still haven't received any Avios or my money back on my purchase from the 29th of March. They have completely ignored me until yesterday, where I got one e-mail from them saying that they are having issues with it. No ...., it's been almost two months.

I wouldn't buy through Groupon. BA currently has a sale, that seems like a much safer option.

Also, they have removed all the bad reviews that they received recently. A lot of people gave 1 or 2 stars, but Groupon have just deleted all those reviews (including mine). Quite dodgy behaviour.
Did you finally get your points or refund?

It seems I'm having exactly the same issue - no avios posted, they've asked to send them screenshots, and no response from them anymore at all.

Is there some phone number I could call?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by oruvin
Did you finally get your points or refund?

It seems I'm having exactly the same issue - no avios posted, they've asked to send them screenshots, and no response from them anymore at all.

Is there some phone number I could call?
Still no Avios nor money.

They did e-mail me on Tuesday, stating that I would have my Avios within a few hours, and I read in the comment section on HfP yesterday, that a reader received his Avios this week.

I quickly replied to the e-mail stating that I wanted a refund and not the Avios, but I have not heard anything since then.

I just wish I had paid with my Amex!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Has anyone received their avios from the avios-24 offer?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by madrooster
Has anyone received their avios from the avios-24 offer?
Is that the one from March? I received a refund confirmation today, but they also told me that they would credit half and refund half, despite confirmation email showing both refunded.

Haven't received neither Avios nor money yet though.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Avios-24 is the most recent one from mid-May. I haven't gotten my Avios. Sent an email to Groupon and gave them the screenshots they asked for. After the time they said it would take to resolve it passed, I asked for a refund. Just sent in another refund request.

If AA redemptions ever came back I'd probably still want the Avios. But after being gone for so long I don't want to mess around with hoping they'll eventually come back.

I've done a lot of the 2K purchases, had this issue one time before. It was resolved within a week or two though with the Avios in my account.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Avios-24 is the most recent one from mid-May. I haven't gotten my Avios. Sent an email to Groupon and gave them the screenshots they asked for. After the time they said it would take to resolve it passed, I asked for a refund. Just sent in another refund request.
Interesting. I see my coupons as redeemed but like you, no avios.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by madrooster
Interesting. I see my coupons as redeemed but like you, no avios.
Same here, but it's only been 7 working days so I need to wait a bit longer.

I've done this offer several times in the past and the longest I've had to wait was 6 days.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond
I have not received 8000 points to my IB+ account. They sent me e-mail that I would have my Avios within a few days . After that they did e-mail me, stating that I would have my Avios within a few hours. And then nothing no response.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond
Today I have been receiving this message:
Dear Lubomir,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you but I would like to inform you that we are taking care of your incident.

We are doing everything that is in our hands to solve the incident as soon as possible but especially to avoid this to happen again.

In this week you will find your Avios added to your account.

Kind regards.

The first e-mail: days
The second mail: hours
The third mail: this week
Can I trust them?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Duben
Can I trust them?
Trust Groupon? Lol no way. They will keep feeding you with some crap excuses and empty promises.
I'm waiting for my Avios for a month already...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:07 pm

Has anyone received Avios yet from the May 18th Groupon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.