Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
It seems that the Iberia Groupon promotion has made a comeback, despite all the issues above. However, I could not get the link in today's HeadForPoints article to work. It defaulted to the old, sold out one. Think I will give this one a miss too!
No, it didn't default to the old one, it has just been sold out again. It was working fine yesterday.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:06 am

I have never seen a coupon put on line on a Sunday and sold out within hours without even making the blogs' headlines.....
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That’s what I found odd. Maybe they only made available very limited number of 2000 Avios packages, although those seem to be absent from the page that comes up. But maybe the bloggers are totally wiped out and whacked with the recent 90,000 Avios promotion and all the ramifications! Or maybe they’re already on holiday, having made tickets with their Avios, and couldn’t care less about the groupon nonsense!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
That’s what I found odd. Maybe they only made available very limited number of 2000 Avios packages, although those seem to be absent from the page that comes up. But maybe the bloggers are totally wiped out and whacked with the recent 90,000 Avios promotion and all the ramifications! Or maybe they’re already on holiday, having made tickets with their Avios, and couldn’t care less about the groupon nonsense!
It usually gets picked up by somebody in Spain and they'll email or social media one of us.

But, yeah, it's hard to care much about buying 2K more, when everybody who cares about Avios has 90K to burn.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
It seems that the Iberia Groupon promotion has made a comeback, despite all the issues above. However, I could not get the link in today's HeadForPoints article to work. It defaulted to the old, sold out one. Think I will give this one a miss too!
The link (Avios-12) is working again, but the 2,000 packages are all sold out.

www.groupon.es/deals/avios-12

Coupons valid until 31 August.
Redemption via Google Docs Form (docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKz3payqFxv4y5utMczzQmJBnrxGaYT4RY0_nLFIqv YLWTzQ/viewform)
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well on that list everything is sold out! Never mind, I'm giving it all a miss for the moment.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
My 2000 Avios from May are still missing by the way.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try going through the process of redeeming them again. I recall there are two platforms on which you can redeem them, but you'll have to look back through this thread a bit.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Anyone been able to redeem these yet?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:17 pm

Better check the terms for Iberia plus store portal

Sorry I can’t adjust the order of the photos from my phone.
You have to read the photos from the bottom up.

I was looking at buying the Groupon Avios and using the shopping portal to get more Avios but when I clicked on the terms I noticed that it seems the bonus from the portal won’t apply.

Last edited by Travelin_the_world; Jul 30, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AR, AA, IB, EY, UA
Originally Posted by Travelin_the_world
I was looking at buying the Groupon Avios and using the shopping portal to get more Avios but when I clicked on the terms I noticed that it seems the bonus from the portal won’t apply.
You can get the bonus Avios from the portal using a VPN.
Using a spanish VPN I always got the bonus Avios.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:55 am

I bought 35,000 Avios but my Groupon account has since disappeared and I can not log in. I am now contacting Groupon support about the issue. Groupon says I never had an account. (strange). However I did receive a notice from Iberia and it says I would receive 3504 Avios for spending 438 EURO.... That is not the 13 Avios per EURO that some have been able to get. Posting this because it might help others know what can happen.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's time to gently close the door on this one. I always got the bonus Avios by clicking through the IberiaPlusStore, but it seems that they really want to dedicate it to Spanish residents now. Also seems, reading the above, that we might be well and truly ineligible for buying the Avios packages.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Looks like it's back:

https://www.groupon.es/deals/avios-12
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Still waiting for the Avios to appear in my account from the last groupon ES sale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.