Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Old May 30, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by gizzard
I too am missing Avios points. I have tried contacting groupon.es through their support email page but it just errors out on me.

Does anyone have a direct email address that they could post or message me?
I have contacted support via their page, their answers came from [email protected].
Be prepared for long, long mail exchange. They refund me one groupon (99e), but refuse refund other (19e) asking me to claim this at Iberia. Iberia asked me for groupon confirmation which groupon refuse send to me.
gizzard likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:17 pm

The Groupon.es contact form appears to be working again.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by dcas
Thats's a good idea in theory, but when the points take weeks to post it kills your ability to plan the redemption in advance.
Well I was thinking along the lines that if you need, say, 8000 Avios for a redemption at the end of the year, then it’s definitely worth buying these packets. Otherwise, I seriously doubt the way I am behaving at the moment, with this speculative purchasing, that it is a good way to go forward. A decent blog such as Headforpoints would advise you to only buy these if you have a potential redemption in mind. Same with hotel points, and I am buying speculatively there too, irrespective of devaluations.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:50 am

I noticed that even though I redeemed both of my purchases on 5/11, Groupon states they were redeemed on 5/22 and 5/24. Explains the delay I'm experiencing seeing the points post.

A little annoying given BA's 50% sale.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Concerto
A decent blog such as Headforpoints would advise you to only buy these if you have a potential redemption in mind. Same with hotel points, and I am buying speculatively there too, irrespective of devaluations.
Dou you really read and believe to such blogs? They never can proofe such statements with facts. I do believe more that they get - in their view - to less attention from such partners like IB, what I fully support! In my eyes, those blogs are more harmless tries of fear messages with no base, that this greedy bloggers publish, because they don't get what they want!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto

Well I was thinking along the lines that if you need, say, 8000 Avios for a redemption at the end of the year, then it’s definitely worth buying these packets. Otherwise, I seriously doubt the way I am behaving at the moment, with this speculative purchasing, that it is a good way to go forward. A decent blog such as Headforpoints would advise you to only buy these if you have a potential redemption in mind. Same with hotel points, and I am buying speculatively there too, irrespective of devaluations.
Only you can decide what is "speculative" and what is rational based on your own travel patterns. Devaluations happen, but it's also really annoying when you want to travel somewhere and don't have quite enough miles or hotel points because you skipped the latest promotion.

I know perfectly well that 2,200 Avios or so for 19 euros is a good deal for me. Multiply that by 12 and I bought the 25,000 Avios I needed for a recent one-way in J to ORD (booked during a 25% off promo) for 230 euros or so. Unquestionably a bargain at twice the price.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:31 pm

How can one obtain the coupon code once the voucher has been redeemed? Iberia is asking me for mine, but Groupon deletes the PDF's once the voucher is redeemed.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by nikehair
How can one obtain the coupon code once the voucher has been redeemed? Iberia is asking me for mine, but Groupon deletes the PDF's once the voucher is redeemed.
Well, no, nothing is deleted.

After you log in click on your name in the upper right corner, then select :Mis Groupones". In the the page you'll get you'll see "Ofertas: DISPONIBLE", click on "DISPONIBLE" and choose "TODO" and you'll see all the coupons you have ever bought.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by erik19283
Well, no, nothing is deleted.

After you log in click on your name in the upper right corner, then select :Mis Groupones". In the the page you'll get you'll see "Ofertas: DISPONIBLE", click on "DISPONIBLE" and choose "TODO" and you'll see all the coupons you have ever bought.
Yes, but I can no longer see the purchase details aka the info needed to redeem.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:50 pm

Yes, but I can no longer see the purchase details aka the info needed to redeem.
I see. Sorry, I had misunderstood your post earlier.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Which kind of "purchase details"?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:11 pm

The coupon code and redemption number. Doesn't matter now, because both my 2k and 8k purchases finally processed!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by gizzard
The Groupon.es contact form appears to be working again.
I am also missing 2000 avios that I purchased in April. I managed to redeemed on the same date, but no avios so far.
I was hoping they will have sorted it out all the issue by now, but looks like I will need to chase them.
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me on sending them a short message in Spanish just to inform them it is still missing.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
I am also missing 2000 avios that I purchased in April. I managed to redeemed on the same date, but no avios so far.
I was hoping they will have sorted it out all the issue by now, but looks like I will need to chase them.
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me on sending them a short message in Spanish just to inform them it is still missing.

Thank you in advance.
I used Google translate.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
The redemption page is still down for everyone? I have a coupon to be redeemed before 10 July.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.