Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Worth checking you're entering the two codes the right way round...rather unhelpfully they don't appear in the same order on the redeem page as they are in the PDF. I made this mistake first time round and got the same error.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by EL_CHILENO
All seems to be working fine now. Someone must have pressed the magic button this morning!
Also works for me in Chrome. PluStore has tracked this time using Firefox. The 2,000 avios have (predictably) sold out.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
Also works for me in Chrome. PluStore has tracked this time using Firefox. The 2,000 avios have (predictably) sold out.
Now if I only i had remembered to go through PluStore when I purchased mine LOL Why did I go and use the mobile app ? Would have earned 171 bonus Avios hehe
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yup, worked fine for me now.

Why I love Spain. Something breaks on a Friday...don't worry about it, it will get fixed on Monday so long as there's no actual harm in waiting.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by EL_CHILENO
All seems to be working fine now. Someone must have pressed the magic button this morning!
Yep. I e-mailed them, and they replied earlier today stating that they had technical issues, and that those issues are now resolved. I've now successfully redeemed my coupon. From others' past experience, however, it seems like they may or may not post within the 15 days claimed?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by jamar
Yep. I e-mailed them, and they replied earlier today stating that they had technical issues, and that those issues are now resolved. I've now successfully redeemed my coupon. From others' past experience, however, it seems like they may or may not post within the 15 days claimed?
Expect the Groupon 2000 within 2 weeks. Be pleasantly surprised in a few months for the IberiaPluStore bonus if you did that.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I’m going to leave mine for a few days, I’m too much on the road at the moment. What worries me are those that got a “Este cupón ya ha sido usado“ message. That sounds a bit final.

Have the 2,000 Avios packages already sold out?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I’m going to leave mine for a few days, I’m too much on the road at the moment. What worries me are those that got a “Este cupón ya ha sido usado“ message. That sounds a bit final.

Have the 2,000 Avios packages already sold out?

For whatever reason, that message happens when you reverse the coupon code and security code. Something that's easy to do now that they reversed the order it appears on the page.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I noticed that and was careful each time I tried. Almost as if they’re trying to trip us up!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Blenz101
Still not working for me. Either goes around in a loop or get the "Este cupón ya ha sido usado" message. Very frustrating.
I was receiving this message after buying a set of Avios in the last sale. After trying a few times over a few days I contacted Groupon ES, providing the coupon code etc. They replied that the coupon was still valid and that if I still could not get the codes to work they could redeem the coupon for me if I provided my Iberia Plus number. So I tried again, received the same 'This coupon has already been used' message and requested Groupon to redeem for me. A redemption confirmation email was received within the next week and the points posted a few days after that.

For information, I wrote my messages in English, keeping sentences short and simple, then used Google translate to provide a Spanish version, which I placed before the English version in the messages I sent out.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Email from Groupon:

Hello
Important announcement
Your coupon for Avios

We are in contact with you regarding your purchase of the offer with Avios.

Due to an error in the exchange tool, the platform was not operational during the weekend. The problem has been solved and the tool returns to normal operation so you can redeem your coupons.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please, if you have not yet redeemed your coupon, you can do so through the link and following the instructions that we indicate below.

To redeem your coupon you have to enter through http://ticket.groupon.es/ticket_es/iberia/ and enter the codes of your coupon (security code, coupon and purchase email), in the next step you can add the data of the iberia plus card where you want to receive your Avios.
If you need more help you can see your video tutorial by going to: https://youtu.be/Ft5JB9yidkU

Remember that you can see a copy of your coupons through your account, entering: www.groupon.es/mygroupons.

If you bought this coupon as a gift, do not forget to inform the person who gave it to you about it.

Remember to visit http://groupon.es to see other interesting offers that are offered today in your city.

Receives a warm greeting.
Your Groupon team
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I managed to validate my Groupon coupon tonight without any problems. There are no more 2,000 Avios packages, despite this fiasco.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Some
I also managed to validate my coupon today, having received the above email.

For those considering purchasing, note that there is currently a discount code (CHOLLOAPP) which gives a 10% discount on up to 3 purchases made through the Groupon app until midnight tonight.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:58 am

Doesn't seem to work - "no puedes utilizar este código ya que solo es válido para unos cupones específicos."

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
For those considering purchasing, note that there is currently a discount code (CHOLLOAPP) which gives a 10% discount on up to 3 purchases made through the Groupon app until midnight tonight.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Lotz
I purchased the last time and went through the redemption process to no avail, I tried dozens of times following every instruction. It never worked.

This time they let me have it back since it never redeemed this summer. I've again tried dozens of times and corresponded with them a dozen times. It always loops back on the fill-in-information screen. I do everything 100% correct.

Iberia needs to get away from GroupOnSpain as their incompetence borders on fraud. They know it often doesn't work but keep selling it anyway. Iberia online is not the easiest experience to begin with. GroupOnSpain's total incompetence makes it worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.