Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just had exactly the same thing. I’ve been doing it all on my iPad while I’m in Tenerife and I attempted to get a 2,000 package but it wouldn’t go through. I assumed that was because my credit card validity date has changed since the last purchase a few months ago, but I can’t work out how to change it on the groupon.es site. So I’m now locked out of buying a 2,000 package, even though the purchase didn’t go through.

Went and bought an 8,000 one and ended up with the problems outlined above, impossible to validate the coupon, going in circles. So I’ll try again tomorrow, or wait till I get home and do it on the normal computer using a different browser. Unless someone has the suggestion of a work around using an iPad.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Went and bought an 8,000 one and ended up with the problems outlined above, impossible to validate the coupon, going in circles. So I’ll try again tomorrow, or wait till I get home and do it on the normal computer using a different browser. Unless someone has the suggestion of a work around using an iPad.
It's not a browser problem, it's a Groupon have screwed up problem.

I haven't heard of anybody successfully validating their coupon. (and a few people with transaction failures)

Strange... since everything had been running relatively smoothly.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's not a browser problem, it's a Groupon have screwed up problem.

I haven't heard of anybody successfully validating their coupon. (and a few people with transaction failures)

Strange... since everything had been running relatively smoothly.
The opening the coupon was a browser issue with my open session apparently. I used another computer and it worked fine. (in Chrome both times) But I am having the validation problem.

Weirdly, I tried switching the security and validation codes thinking they might be that dumb and it gave me 'este cupón ya ha sido usado' which is even weirder. I'll wait a day or two and see what happens. Not like they'll respond to any issues before Monday anyway.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I received the groupon email and could access the pdf both in my groupon account and from the email. The voucher cannot be redeemed in Chrome, Firefox or IE. They have created the voucher with an error in the main redemption hyperlink, but the "enlace" link to the redemption site still works. Pity it can't then be redeemed. After the first time they offered this and the big faff that created, it had been going smoothly inc PluStore click bonus (although I didn't get it last time).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:27 am

Same here, cannot validate (Opera browser)....
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Same here, cannot validate as well. First time this problem, previously it worked (I have purchased Avios via Groupon.es twice, I think).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Now I don't feel so special. I ordered the 2,000 mile with success and have the pdf document with the code and key but cannot redeem. I have tried IE, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox without success. Additionally I tried via VPN connected via Spain. I have noted the Groupon Avois specials time and time again and have yet to succeed with the process. To date the current Spain Groupon is the most successful, or sorts. Ultimately I am out $25 if the process does not work.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Now I don't feel so special. I ordered the 2,000 mile with success and have the pdf document with the code and key but cannot redeem. I have tried IE, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox without success.
Try Edge.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Try Edge.
It can't be validated with Edge either.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Anyone reached to Groupon so far? Seems no one is successful with the coupon this time, Groupon gotta fix the procedure.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Same here. First time buyer on Groupon and the purchase went through successfully and I have received the voucher (I used the Groupon mobile app so seemingly no PDF?) However none of the links I've found will let me redeem the voucher for the 2,000 Avios I bought? Whenever I fill out the forms the first time it redirects me back to an empty form post, then if I try to refill them I get this error : "El cupón no se puede validar" ? any ideas what it means cos my Spanish is almost nonexistent
this feels just the last time I tried to buy discounted Avios (last time was with Vente privee) where I buy something but it takes the whole community here in FT to get them to make the vouchers we purchased work.

Last edited by roimaaf; Jan 21, 2018 at 8:48 am Reason: Further information
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
UPDATE from Groupon Support :
Just spoke to their customer support chat and turns out the redemption page is glitching out on their end. and they're saying please wait 5 (?) business days before trying to redeem ?
Seems a bit long but at least they seem to be aware of the issues.
craigthemif and email2markt like this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: QR Gold, HH Diamond, Melia Gold, Accor Silver, Amex Plat AT
I had the seme problem and wasnt able to redeem the 2k Avios. Sent an E-Mail to support and waiting for answear.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
All seems to be working fine now. Someone must have pressed the magic button this morning!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by EL_CHILENO
All seems to be working fine now. Someone must have pressed the magic button this morning!
Still not working for me. Either goes around in a loop or get the "Este cupón ya ha sido usado" message. Very frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.