Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
None of that is new @Expat_852 and we still get our 171 Avios (9 per euro) for the 2,000 Avios package.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
None of that is new @Expat_852 and we still get our 171 Avios (9 per euro) for the 2,000 Avios package.
That is good to know. Admittedly I had not read that section too closely before, but is also something I do not remember being discussed before. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
2k avios for 19euro come back again and again now!
Iberia plus bonus seems still 9avios/euro.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
As of Thursday 23 November 2017 I can no longer transfer from Iberia avios to avios avios. Apparently my account details don't match. This is Iberia push to avios. Avios pull from Iberia has never worked for me.

I have transferred many times in the past for many years, no problem. I have changed nothing in my accounts. They are not HHA.

Avios say they cant help. Iberia argued with me that there was no such thing as transferring to avios, only to BA - complete rubbish of course. HUCA, get told to send an email. I cant see any difference in account details on each account, so I may be stuck with some avios in Iberia. Luckily only a small number.

Do check before buying large value groupons that you can still transfer to BA / Avios if that is your intention, before buying, lest you get stuck with a pile in Iberia you cant use.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by rjn21
As of Thursday 23 November 2017 I can no longer transfer from Iberia avios to avios avios. Apparently my account details don't match. This is Iberia push to avios. Avios pull from Iberia has never worked for me.

I have transferred many times in the past for many years, no problem. I have changed nothing in my accounts. They are not HHA.

Avios say they cant help. Iberia argued with me that there was no such thing as transferring to avios, only to BA - complete rubbish of course. HUCA, get told to send an email. I cant see any difference in account details on each account, so I may be stuck with some avios in Iberia. Luckily only a small number.

Do check before buying large value groupons that you can still transfer to BA / Avios if that is your intention, before buying, lest you get stuck with a pile in Iberia you cant use.
Had no trouble transfering avios IB -> BA on ba.com.

Last edited by LandMiler; Nov 25, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
One man's devaluation is another's useful change.

I'd be happy with a bit more for a redemption to have more availability. Getting avios isn't my issue, using them is. Zone 7 peak dates are also ridiculously priced so if it was closer to revenue, a MAD-NRT trip would be much more useful.
That would be potentially quite bad for me. I find that the best use of Avios are intra-Asia business class where flights are quite expensive for short distances.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by LandMiler
Had no trouble transfering avios IB -> BA on ba.com.
Great. Unfortunately my BAEC is HHA so no transfers can be made directly between Iberia and BA.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by LandMiler
2k avios for 19euro come back again and again now!
Iberia plus bonus seems still 9avios/euro.
Did you get your code to redeem right away?

It's been almost 4 hours now that I bought 2K Avios, but it still shows "Procesando" (In process) in my Groupon account. I don't recall having to wait in the past.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Great. Unfortunately my BAEC is HHA so no transfers can be made directly between Iberia and BA.
I pushed from avios.com to IB+ relatively recently.

But I do recall reading somewhere about a crackdown on using Avios.com to circumvent the HHA restrictions, plus extending the "same details" restrictions to postal addresses.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
...But I do recall reading somewhere about a crackdown on using Avios.com to circumvent the HHA restrictions, plus extending the "same details" restrictions to postal addresses.
My wife can still transfer from her IB to her avios account no problem. As far as I can tell all my address details are identical between BAEC, IB and Avios. Dont know - I only have the Plustore groupon bonus of 174 miles from the last purchase left in it, so no big deal. However, my future Accor and Hilton earnings will need to go to BAEC at its lower rate and I can't redeem direct into IB for lower taxes on IB flights.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Just call and have them transfer them manually.

It's what Spanish people have to do because of the mismatched last names.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Just call and have them transfer them manually.
Iberia’s call centre claims not to be able to transfer manually to Avios, only to BAEC. Complete BS? Who knows. But they wouldn’t do it.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So why not go to BA and then to Avios?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:15 pm

You can’t transfer from IB to BAEC if your BAEC is HHA.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by erik19283
Did you get your code to redeem right away?

It's been almost 4 hours now that I bought 2K Avios, but it still shows "Procesando" (In process) in my Groupon account. I don't recall having to wait in the past.
I bought two (mine and my wife's) and got the codes immediately.

Disassemble and transfer. When you need to combine avios, you can assemble it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.