Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It's groupon.es. A Spanish business geared toward Spanish customers and the vast majority do come from Spain. I get the feeling they were overwhelmed a bit by this particular promotion.
I agree. I suspect, though, that customers will have to reach out to them to get their issues resolved.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I agree. I suspect, though, that customers will have to reach out to them to get their issues resolved.
I'm starting to think the same.

Mine were bought and traded on the 21st/22nd December. Interestingly trawling through the Groupon site now, looking at Mis Groupones (My Groupons), Ver Detalles (View Details), Detalles del pedido (Order details) it is now showing my coupons were traded on Friday 8th January.

Not sure if that is a positive sign, that Groupon took ages to process them but they are now in the 15 day Iberia processing window.....

I think I will give them another week. Does anyone know what the best contact email address are both for Groupon.es and Iberia? I don't accept we should be chasing Iberia given that the purchase and therefore contract is with Groupon (and they will have the problem if people start disputing card transactions in significant volumes), but if it helps expedite things I will probably contact both.

Last edited by marks7389; Jan 16, 2016 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Hmm, in my case still only the first (out of 4) groupons appears as used. The page doesn't accept the remaining ones anymore though (nor displays no error for that matter).
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Interesting, mine also says "Canjeado el Viernes, Enero 8º 2016"

Originally Posted by marks7389
I'm starting to think the same.

Mine were bought and traded on the 21st/22nd December. Interestingly trawling through the Groupon site now, looking at Mis Groupones (My Groupons), Ver Detalles (View Details), Detalles del pedido (Order details) it is now showing my coupons were traded on Friday 8th January.

Not sure if that is a positive sign, that Groupon took ages to process them but they are now in the 15 day Iberia processing window.....

I think I will give them another week. Does anyone know what the best contact email address are both for Groupon.es and Iberia? I don't accept we should be chasing Iberia given that the purchase and therefore contract is with Groupon (and they will have the problem if people start disputing card transactions in significant volumes), but if it helps expedite things I will probably contact both.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by London Dude
Interesting, Mine don't show a date, they only state Canjeado.

I'm going to attempt to contact Groupon on Monday, I did email them a couple of days ago but no reply to my status inquiry.

If no joy I guess I'll just give up and contact my credit card bank and seek a refund.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Have you checked under MER DETALLES > Detalles del pendido?

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
Interesting, Mine don't show a date, they only state Canjeado.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I just hope those of us who ended up being credited twice the amount of Avios haven't ended up with points which were destined for someone else. Not sure how they'd unravel that one. I've still got all mine and there's been no attempt to take anything away.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by Concerto
I just hope those of us who ended up being credited twice the amount of Avios haven't ended up with points which were destined for someone else. Not sure how they'd unravel that one. I've still got all mine and there's been no attempt to take anything away.
I don't know who you are, or how many avios you stole.

But I will find you, and will take back my avios.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Same date here.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:37 pm

Have you checked under MER DETALLES > Detalles del pendido?
Thank you, I did not look there, mine show as processed January 8 as well.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by GTR56
I don't know who you are, or how many avios you stole.

But I will find you, and will take back my avios.
Excellent! I would be glad to give you them back, but I don't know how to! I don't know how all this happened, or how to undo it. In truth, I think it's an IT thing that still hasn't been resolved. I didn't steal anything, just paid for the groupon thing and got credited what I got credited, and if you look upthread at what others have posted, I am not alone. But I really do think that it is not unreasonable to assume it will somehow all get sorted out this coming week.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
But I really do think that it is not unreasonable to assume it will somehow all get sorted out this coming week.
Let's hope so
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:20 am

I got a reply from my email to Groupon. My Spanish isn't great but it says something like there was a large response to this deal and they are addressing the issues and please be patient.

I'll give it a little while before I get in touch with the credit card company but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was automatically sorted. Only one of my 5 vouchers is saying canjeado.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Originally Posted by BigKev7
I got a reply from my email to Groupon. My Spanish isn't great but it says something like there was a large response to this deal and they are addressing the issues and please be patient.

I'll give it a little while before I get in touch with the credit card company but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was automatically sorted. Only one of my 5 vouchers is saying canjeado.
Great news BigKev7, thank you for letting the forum know. Google Chrome does a pretty good job of translating, which I and others on this board have been using. If you could possibly paste the reply part of your email response into this forum I know it would go a long way to help those obsessed with a resolution including me. Best to you Groupenero Kev.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by BigKev7

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.