Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks. I just popped in and bought a 2,000 Avios package. For the first time, I didn't go through the IberiaPlusStore, but they are offering so little these days that it wasn't worth the extra bother, especially given the difficulties I sometimes have signing into my IB+ account.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Thanks. I just popped in and bought a 2,000 Avios package. For the first time, I didn't go through the IberiaPlusStore, but they are offering so little these days that it wasn't worth the extra bother, especially given the difficulties I sometimes have signing into my IB+ account.
I can't log in to IB+ using Chrome, but I can in IE.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:40 pm

Bought a few of them over 2 hours ago for an upcoming trip and all of my orders are sitting in Procesando status. No idea why, I don't see any fraud alerts or emails pending so wondering if they're going to issue these certificates before the end of day 1/13 in Spain before these expire. Anyone sat in Procesando ie Processing status for an extended period of time?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg
Is it against the rules to redeem 2 of these to the same account? I didn't try translating the T&C yet.
No, you can purchase multiple groupons.

However, I am asking about creating a new account for my mom and applying a new-user coupon for an additional rebate. Online I found code VIVEGRPN but that one is expired. Is there a new one?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by ryanp
However, I am asking about creating a new account for my mom and applying a new-user coupon for an additional rebate. Online I found code VIVEGRPN but that one is expired. Is there a new one?
I have tried searching quite extensively some months ago and came to a conclusion that Groupon ruled out promo-code usage for Avios purchases. Previously some promo-codes applied even for existing users. Gave up after that, waste of time not worth not-too-likely success.
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldencondor
I can't log in to IB+ using Chrome, but I can in IE.
Similar problems over at Flying Blue, where I had to change browser to get in. The advice was to clear the cache and delete cookies, but I still have to work out how to do that on a Mac!

Originally Posted by j0emv
Bought a few of them over 2 hours ago for an upcoming trip and all of my orders are sitting in Procesando status. No idea why, I don't see any fraud alerts or emails pending so wondering if they're going to issue these certificates before the end of day 1/13 in Spain before these expire. Anyone sat in Procesando ie Processing status for an extended period of time?
Mine were processed immediately and I entered the codes straight away. All seemed to work fine. I'm sure it will work out, it seems pretty reliable these days.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:01 am

Mine were processed immediately and I entered the codes straight away. All seemed to work fine. I'm sure it will work out, it seems pretty reliable these days.
Yep, I figured they would come through but have never seen a Groupon slip into processing status like that before so got concerned. They were issued after midnight my time here so will redeem them today!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Similar problems over at Flying Blue, where I had to change browser to get in. The advice was to clear the cache and delete cookies, but I still have to work out how to do that on a Mac!

Any idea how long it takes until the avios are in your Iberia account?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's usually taken a couple of weeks. I personally don't work in IT, but I will never understand in this day and age why the transaction is not more or less immediate. When you buy points, usually the most you have to wait is a day, maybe for the credit card to clear, be approved, or whatever. It nearly always comes through immediately, as do many other points and miles transactions. But this indefinite and impossible to predict wait is inexplicable for me. Only thing is, patience has shown me that they always turn up .... eventually.
erik19283 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I purchased in the latest avios-20 round on 12 January. The Groupons were promptly issued on 12 January.

I completed the redemption process on 12 January (and every other day thereafter given the recent problems in the avios-15 offer) using the “enlace” link from the groupon.

The groupon never went to “redeemed” and I received an email today reminding me to use the coupon prior to its expiry.

I’ll keep trying to redeem.

Last edited by rjn21; Jan 23, 2019 at 10:18 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by stevejnr
Any idea how long it takes until the avios are in your Iberia account?
Haven't yet got them from the last round. Can take ages in fact. Iberia IT is horrible.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rjn21
The groupon never went to “redeemed” and I received an email today reminding me to use the coupon prior to its expiry.
Same email here. Strange, I'm pretty sure I redeemed the Groupon. I'm not exactly new to the procedure, either.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The form has changed as well. You now need to input your email address.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Groupon.es says:
Product orders may require more than expected to be delivered. Please keep in mind that our team is doing everything possible to ensure that your product is delivered on time. We ask you to allow a few days to pass before your order arrives before contacting us.
I don't know how long that has been up as I redeem from a saved copy of the groupon pdf directly rather than first going through groupon.es to view the groupon.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:36 pm

The 2000 Avios groupon is back in stock for 19 euro.
barracuda93 and jongesander like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.