Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by OnScholarship
Good Afternoon Iberians,
I came across this mile purchase opportunity on the "The Points Guy" blog:
http://thepointsguy.com/2015/12/iber...04-cents-each/

I did my purchase on 12-21, the day this info was published in the above link. Still no miles in my account so I went back and looked at the updated comments in the above article. Apparently there is some sort of delay for some where there is a message in their individuals Groupon.es account and for others there has been an unrequested refund of charges. Also there were previous reports of some getting "double" miles. All of this could be related to overall technical incompetence by Groupon.es or Iberia. Just thought I would put this into the Flyertalk mix. I have not received a refund or a message in my Groupon.es account or single or double miles.
Thank you for posting this update. I dont have any messages in my Groupon account nor have any miles been credited. I did notice that I did have a message stating that I have Groupons that are about to expire, when I click on the provided link to view the groupons, it displays all the Avios coupons I purchased.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:45 pm

I received my 2000 Avios last week, but not the 304 I gained by purchasing through the Iberia Plus Store. Hopefully Iberia will process these sooner rather than later.

I haven't had the 320 Avios from the Amazonbuyvip/Showroomprive promotion either.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
I logged onto the Groupon.es account used to make my Iberia mile purchase. If you go to "help" on the upper right header and click, it directs you to your last order and asks if you want to make an inquiry. There is a generic broadcast message for the Iberia Mile purchase that there are "technical" difficulties and posting of the miles can take until the second week of January. The message is not personal but for everyone. If you are interested just log in and have fun.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by OnScholarship
I logged onto the Groupon.es account used to make my Iberia mile purchase. If you go to "help" on the upper right header and click, it directs you to your last order and asks if you want to make an inquiry. There is a generic broadcast message for the Iberia Mile purchase that there are "technical" difficulties and posting of the miles can take until the second week of January. The message is not personal but for everyone. If you are interested just log in and have fun.
Good info to know!

Now if only Iberia Plus Store would speed up the bonuses
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I did notice that I did have a message stating that I have Groupons that are about to expire, when I click on the provided link to view the groupons, it displays all the Avios coupons I purchased.
Now it'd be a good time to redeem them, I reckon.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Now it'd be a good time to redeem them, I reckon.
They were redeemed the day I purchased them. That is why I am waiting for the Avios to post to my account.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:06 pm

I wanted to add an update to what I saw on the Groupon site. Yesterday my Groupons displayed as unredeemed and there was a short message stating that I had Groupons which had not been redeemed and were going to expire soon. I checked a short while ago, and now, they all display as redeemed and the warning is gone. I'm hoping this means they are working through whatever technical difficulties they are having.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I wanted to add an update to what I saw on the Groupon site. Yesterday my Groupons displayed as unredeemed and there was a short message stating that I had Groupons which had not been redeemed and were going to expire soon. I checked a short while ago, and now, they all display as redeemed and the warning is gone. I'm hoping this means they are working through whatever technical difficulties they are having.
Great catch. I just logged into my Groupon.es and it shows Groupons "available" which I processed. Iberia has sent me the confirmation email reflecting the correct bonus miles which lines up with my purchase amount of miles. I did this on 12-21. So 18 calendar days and no miles of any kind posted. I am happy to hear that your Groupons have moved from available to used without you having to do anything. This could be trouble. I will report my status on Monday. Good luck all "Groupeneros" see you down the rabbit hole.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Another data point here.

I've purchased my groupons (4*12k) on the 23rd December and redeemed the same date. Upon submission of my 4 groupons I've received the following email:
Hola Grouponero,
Mira tu Tarjeta Iberia Plus en 15 dias ya habrás recibido tus Avios.

Gracias!
I've also received a purchase tracking email from IberiaPluStore on the 24th.

To this date I have not received any avios, so I went to check www.groupon.es/mygroupons website and to my surprise only the first groupon appeared as used. I have submitted the remaining three ones and received a confirmation as above.

Now, to add to the fun - when I go to my groupons website, it still only shows the first one as redeemed (again, no avios credited). I though what the heck so went ahead and tried to redeem the remaining ones again (from my experience anything to do with IB websites is extremely flaky so just wanted to make sure). It didn't accept the second of four groupons, as it has been redeemed already (fair enough, I've just redeemed it 5 minutes ago), but it happily took the remaining two! So I've repeated the exercise with the last two groupons and received the confirmation emails.It seems that despite the fact one can enter 4 groupon codes to the form, only the first one gets processed. So if you've bought more than one, I suggest you check the status of your coupons and submit again if necessary...

Quick refresh of https://www.groupon.es/mygroupons and only the first groupon shows as redeemed *sigh*. I'm wondering if I am ever going to get my avios...
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:11 am

thanks for the message above. Mine also say redeemed now so hopefully they post soon
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I purchased 3 different values on the 21st and nothing has posted. I attempted to contact their customer support via email and was sent a reply with the Iberia contact number. I also don't speak Spanish so their phone system is impossible to understand.

Im hoping they post this week or I'll contact my credit card company.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I'm also anxiously waiting to receive my Avios.
I've got 5 confirmation emails from Groupon, I see all my 5 vouchers as exchanged on the groupon website so everything should be fine... still we're way past the 15 days.

I've should have known it upfront, I've got nothing but trouble with Groupon in the past...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:59 am

I'm in the same boat. Still nothing has posted. I got confirmation from Groupon, all the vouchers say canjeado (redeemed) on the website, and it's been over 15 days. I got the same message about the second week of January. So I guess we should give them through Friday night Spanish time?

Also nothing from the IB+ shopping portal but I did get a confirmation email from them.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:15 am

Got my 2000 on 30th December but still no sign of the 304 Iberia bonus. Or the Showroomprive/AmazonbuyVIP miles.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Same here. I bought 4K Avios on 26 Dec and received the IB bonus email a few days later but no Avios have been posted to my account yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.