Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
The redemption page is still down for everyone? I have a coupon to be redeemed before 10 July.
There's a link to a google doc within this thread, and also within the groupon purchase details. That's what I used and it worked.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by nikehair
There's a link to a google doc within this thread, and also within the groupon purchase details. That's what I used and it worked.
Have you got any confirmation from Groupon side upon submitting that?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:39 am

Have you got any confirmation from Groupon side upon submitting that?
No confirmation, but avios was on my Iberia account in 3-4 calendar days.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tibor
No confirmation, but avios was on my Iberia account in 3-4 calendar days.
Thanks, will give it a try.
Submitted now, got a response upon submission:

¡Gracias por proporcionarnos los detalles para canjear tu Groupon de Avios! Una vez canjeado tu cupón, los Avios serán cargados en tu tarjeta en aproximadamente 10 días.

Hopefully Avios get posted.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
I am also missing 2000 avios that I purchased in April. I managed to redeemed on the same date, but no avios so far.
I was hoping they will have sorted it out all the issue by now, but looks like I will need to chase them.
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me on sending them a short message in Spanish just to inform them it is still missing.

Thank you in advance.
I am having the same issue. I redeemed them on April 30th but still no sign of the 2000 avios. I have chased several times yet I always get the same "please have more patience" response...
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:13 pm

Once their support page was working I found it a very smooth process to get a refund for my unposted points although I would have preferred the points.

My original message was replied to the following day and they asked for screenshots of my Iberia Plus account. Another 24 hours and the refund hit my PayPal account.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV
I am having the same issue. I redeemed them on April 30th but still no sign of the 2000 avios. I have chased several times yet I always get the same "please have more patience" response...
Same here. 2000 avios from April 30th purchase and redeeming. Still not in my Iberia account. I have couple of other groupons, all avios on my account, except this April 30th.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks, will give it a try.
Submitted now, got a response upon submission:

¡Gracias por proporcionarnos los detalles para canjear tu Groupon de Avios! Una vez canjeado tu cupón, los Avios serán cargados en tu tarjeta en aproximadamente 10 días.

Hopefully Avios get posted.
Any word on this? I purchased a couple of days before you did, used the Google Form and still nothing but to be fair to them the 10 days isn't up. I'm quite nervous as I need these for a Lloyds voucher expiring 30th June.

Last edited by Ajm1987; Jun 12, 2018 at 4:00 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
No sooner did I speak but the Avios have arrived. So I can confirm that the page that is permanently down for maintenance is not required.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Any word on this? I purchased a couple of days before you did, used the Google Form and still nothing but to be fair to them the 10 days isn't up. I'm quite nervous as I need these for a Lloyds voucher expiring 30th June.
Mine did not arrive so far. From Google form redemption.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I redeemed them at both the google form and the usual form and i did receive them
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf
I redeemed them at both the google form and the usual form and i did receive them
But the normal form is still down, how?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tibor
Same here. 2000 avios from April 30th purchase and redeeming. Still not in my Iberia account. I have couple of other groupons, all avios on my account, except this April 30th.
Any news, mate?

I keep on chasing but nothing. Now they have offered me a refund in "groupons" which I do not think is acceptable i.e. I purchased avios so either give me my 19EUR back or the 2000avios.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by JFSV
Any news, mate?

I keep on chasing but nothing. Now they have offered me a refund in "groupons" which I do not think is acceptable i.e. I purchased avios so either give me my 19EUR back or the 2000avios.
My case was ended better. I complain at iberia ([email protected]) and at the end I have receive 2000 avios. Before this I have got 99€ groupon credit for 8000 avios groupon and this I managed to buy new 8000 avios groupon which was redeemed in couple od days.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It seems that the Iberia Groupon promotion has made a comeback, despite all the issues above. However, I could not get the link in today's HeadForPoints article to work. It defaulted to the old, sold out one. Think I will give this one a miss too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.