Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Old Mar 30, 17, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100 View Post
Can I transfer these Avios to my BAEC account? If so, how?

Maximum amount transferrable?
Thank you.
If your BAEC account is not part of a household account, then yes. Otherwise, you will need an Avios.com account to transfer the Avios from Iberia to Avios.com, then from Avios.com to BAEC. Also, your account with Iberia must be over 90 days old after some activity, and you must have had some activity in your BAEC account as well.
Old Apr 3, 17, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by erik19283 View Post
If your BAEC account is not part of a household account, then yes. Otherwise, you will need an Avios.com account to transfer the Avios from Iberia to Avios.com, then from Avios.com to BAEC. Also, your account with Iberia must be over 90 days old after some activity, and you must have had some activity in your BAEC account as well.
Thanks for this info. I only have a BAEC account which is maybe 8 years old and "well used".

So to confirm I first of all need an IB account with some activity or else an avios account. I have neither.

If I "get" an avios.com account is there a waiting period before I can travsfer the purchased Avios from IB?
Old Apr 3, 17, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by tmac100 View Post
Thanks for this info. I only have a BAEC account which is maybe 8 years old and "well used".

So to confirm I first of all need an IB account with some activity or else an avios account. I have neither.

If I "get" an avios.com account is there a waiting period before I can travsfer the purchased Avios from IB?
PM sent.
Old Jun 7, 17, 4:52 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It seems the whole thing is back on again. But the 2,000 Avios for EUR19 packages are already sold out. I'm not quite sure how that one flew past me. It feels like it had been going some time by the time I saw it. I just don't think the other packages are that amazing a deal.

https://www.groupon.es/deals/avios-group-iag
Old Jun 7, 17, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
This sale started one week ago.
2.000 avios packages sold out cause you were able to buy as many as you wanted, even if it´s not permited by T&C.

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
It seems the whole thing is back on again. But the 2,000 Avios for EUR19 packages are already sold out. I'm not quite sure how that one flew past me. It feels like it had been going some time by the time I saw it. I just don't think the other packages are that amazing a deal.

Old Jun 8, 17, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by heramato View Post
This sale started one week ago.
2.000 avios packages sold out cause you were able to buy as many as you wanted, even if it´s not permited by T&C.
I'd completely forgotten about this thread. This is what happened:

On Friday, the offer went live. As Heramato said, the 2000 packages were unlimited, which was an error on the part of Groupon. Needless to say, they sold like hot cakes and by Saturday morning they were gone.

Groupon became aware of the mistake and I assumed they would reload the 2000 packages after they'd spoken to Iberia.

By Saturday lunchtime, the news about Tesco's ink cartridge blunder had broken on HFP and other sites so everyone was scrambling for cartridges before they sold out or Tesco realised their mistake and corrected it. I don't think Rob was even aware the Groupon offer was back, and when everyone's making tens of thousands of Tesco points for relatively little spend, who cares about a measly 2000 avios for 19 euros? They weren't available anyway, plus there was little value in the other Groupon avios deals.

On Monday morning at 8:30am, I checked Groupon and they still weren't available. I checked again at 11:45am. They had finally been uploaded. I bought a 2000 package and posted the news on HFP about 12:30 (by which point Tesco had pulled the ink deal).

But by that time the packages had been exhausted again before anyone from HFP had the chance to buy one!

I can only assume Groupon made a very limited number available and I just got lucky, checking at the time I did. The 2000 packages must have been available on Monday morning for two and a half hours at most (if that!) A strange business, but as I said above, who cares, when you could get 30k Tesco points in one swoop...

Last edited by goldencondor; Jun 8, 17 at 3:14 am
Old Jun 8, 17, 4:43 pm

It was a bit weird, this one flew right past me. I was toying with getting the 8,000 Avios for €99 offer but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Someone at hfp posted a discount code again..do you that will really work this time? Thanks for the explanation, it was interesting to read!
Old Jun 9, 17, 1:14 am

It was a bit weird, this one flew right past me. I was toying with getting the 8,000 Avios for €99 offer but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Someone at hfp posted a discount code again..do you that will really work this time? Thanks for the explanation, it was interesting to read!
You're welcome. If the code you're referring to is BIENVENIDO25, I just tried it for the 99 euro pack and it doesn't work, alas. Perhaps someone else here knows of another code?
Old Jun 9, 17, 2:53 am

I was wondering if that might be the same code from the last time. Might work with another package, or with a different payment method i.e. not PayPal.
Old Jul 11, 17, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
I have bought some and upon attempting to redeem the voucher it says "Tu non puoi ancora sottomettere i tuoi codici coupon".

(There is no reason for it to be in Italian).

What do I do now to redeem my voucher?!
Old Jul 11, 17, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888 View Post
I have bought some and upon attempting to redeem the voucher it says "Tu non puoi ancora sottomettere i tuoi codici coupon".

(There is no reason for it to be in Italian).

What do I do now to redeem my voucher?!
Once you’ve made your purchase, it will show up in your Groupon purchase list after a few minutes (you should get an email to confirm that the Avios are ready).
Click the green button and you will be taken to a new page to get the Avios.

On the left side there should be a green button underneath a picture of an Iberia plane. Click the button and a pdf file will open in a new tab. At the top left there should be a security code and a coupon code. You will need these codes so make a note of them (ignore the ‘ref’ code).

Towards the bottom of the previous page, there’s a set of instructions. In the first paragraph there should be a small link. Click it, and you’ll be taken to a new page with some fields to fill in.

Add the security code, the coupon code, your email address, click the tick box, and hit the ‘validate coupon’ button. It may not work first time, and will just reload the page - this always happens for me. It will eventually work, just be patient. On the second attempt, it worked and took me to a new page asking for my Iberia Plus number. Enter it, hit the button, and you should get a confirmation message on the next page - your avios will be uploaded in 15 days.
Old Jul 11, 17, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by goldencondor View Post
Add the security code, the coupon code, your email address, click the tick box, and hit the ‘validate coupon’ button. It may not work first time, and will just reload the page
Thank you. For me it is not reloading the page but at this point is displaying the Italian message above (which I understand to mean "coupon not available yet to be redeemed").
Old Jul 11, 17, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888 View Post
Thank you. For me it is not reloading the page but at this point is displaying the Italian message above (which I understand to mean "coupon not available yet to be redeemed").
Keep trying. Should work eventually. if not, come back to it later and try again.
Old Jul 12, 17, 6:42 am

It is very temperamental, apparently. I find the Italian thing just weird, wonder what happened there. Any sign of this offer coming back again?
Old Jul 12, 17, 7:53 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
Mine doesn't work so will try later. Is it possible to buy more packages of 2,000 avios or just one?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: