Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
FYI, the promotion is back.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
FYI, the promotion is back.
Thanks!

Ironic because last night I decided to take advantage of Iberia’s 50% avios bonus just to get me past the 100k mark. I should have waited. Oh well
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
new promo and old issues.

Just received my 2000 Avios voucher. Once I tried to use it an error message appeared:"Este cupón ya ha sido usado" (coupon already used)

Contacted Groupon support.

Will see what they have to say
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
new promo and old issues.

Just received my 2000 Avios voucher. Once I tried to use it an error message appeared:"Este cupón ya ha sido usado" (coupon already used)

Contacted Groupon support.

Will see what they have to say
Keep putting in the security and coupon codes until it changes its mind and shows the coupon details on the right. This is a common problem.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Mine seemed to go through really smoothly and I already got the message about pending Avios at the PluStore (for clicking through to Groupon and purchasing there). The codes came through really quickly and I was able to complete the whole thing in one sitting. Don't forget to scroll down at the final step (I nearly did) to find the Continuar button and input your IB number.

This time I bought 1 x 2,000 and 2 x 4,000 Avios. You need to get a move on if you want a 2,000 Avios package for €19 for they're going fast.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Mine seemed to go through really smoothly and I already got the message about pending Avios at the PluStore (for clicking through to Groupon and purchasing there). The codes came through really quickly and I was able to complete the whole thing in one sitting. Don't forget to scroll down at the final step (I nearly did) to find the Continuar button and input your IB number.

This time I bought 1 x 2,000 and 2 x 4,000 Avios. You need to get a move on if you want a 2,000 Avios package for €19 for they're going fast.
My account shows the 2000 Avios packages are 'exhausted' already.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, you've got to move fast for these! Good luck to all punters out there!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Wow, you've got to move fast for these! Good luck to all punters out there!
The 4000 packages are heading that way too.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:39 am

There are a few people on HFP saying they've had their purchases cancelled and the money refunded. Anyone having the same issue?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: Some
What I find really sad about this repeating deal is how it exemplifies the current wave of IAG ultra-short term focus, under which they're happy to do everything possible to maximise revenues now at the expense of shooting themselves in the foot further down the line.

The 'customer service' I have received from both Iberia and Groupon when trying to get the Avios I paid for back in December credited to my account has been nothing short of appalling (I'm still 24,000 Avios short after multiple calls to Iberia over a period of several months, who have now decided I need to speak to Groupon instead as the issue is on their side). To be honest, I think I'm now at the point at which I have no intention of ever getting on an Iberia plane if this is what is to be expected as a customer. BA customer service isn't always great, but this is absolutely the next level up in abysmal.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:40 pm

bought 20000 avios x5 for each of the two different accounts (me and my friend) on 8th July

have been longing for the avios to post and which they did this morning. (14 days of waiting)

However, it looks like only 20000 avios have been posted. I guess it is the problem of the multiple voucher redemption thing.

I have done the following just now:
1. logged into my groupon.es account
2. check "mis groupones" (one of them showed "Canjeado")
3. tried to redeem the used coupon again (the page did not show any error after I had pressed "Validar Cupon", however the coupon will not show on the right hand side. I guess they know that the coupon is used)
4. tried to redeem the remaining 4 unused coupons INDIVIDUALLY (that's four times entering the redemption page). It was smooth, despite being tedious.
5. tried to validate the 4 coupons again in the redemption page one by one. Looks like they have noticed that the coupons are already used and they did not allow me to continue.
6. got 4 emails from groupon telling me that my coupon is redeemed.

My guess is that the system is full of flaws. The multi-coupon redemption function simply would not work. If anyone has bought it this time, be sure the coupons are redeemed one by one.
If you have already redeemed more than 1 coupon in one go, please consider redeeming them again one by one.

I finally understand why people say that this is so annoying and frustrating.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Both 2.000 and 4.000 packages are already posted on mi IP account.
Quite amazing!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by heramato
Quite amazing!
Have you entered and redeemed the coupons one by one?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did that automatically and intuitively. There just seemed something potentially risky about putting two different coupon codes through in one transaction. But I did put the same coupon code in twice, using the second blank field, just in case!

Anyway, so far just one of the 4,000 packages I bought has turned up. Waiting for the 2,000 package too. They were all bought and redeemed at the same time, so there is something very dodgy and unreliable with their system.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by heramato
Quite amazing!
Ditto. A week quicker than the last couple of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.