Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by goldencondor
42 days since purchase, I think that's long enough to wait for the bonuses. Time to speak to Iberia.
My bonus Avios show up as pending on the IberisPluStore's transaction history. For pending Avios it says:

Most transaction will be approved within 40 days, but please allow up to a maximum of 120 days for your transactions to become approved.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by wiivile
My bonus Avios show up as pending on the IberisPluStore's transaction history. For pending Avios it says:
120 days... four months?

I hope that's a worst case scenario.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:04 am

I received a reply from Groupon regarding the still outstanding Avios. The email stated to contact Iberia as they have already provided Iberia with all necessary information and it is up to Iberia to credit the Avios.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:43 am

Further to the above, Iberia on Twitter have just informed me 'you should get the bonus up to 45 days after the purchase'.

I'll give them a few more days then.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
The remaining three lots of 12,000 avios have posted to my account as of this morning
Now I'm waiting for the IB store bonus.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej
The remaining three lots of 12,000 avios have posted to my account as of this morning
Nice, I didn't think Iberia/Avios.com uploaded points at the weekend.

I take it no one has gotten their AmazonBuyVIP/Showroomprive avios yet either?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:29 am

Nice, I didn't think Iberia/Avios.com uploaded points at the weekend.

I take it no one has gotten their AmazonBuyVIP/Showroomprive avios yet either?
I even had forgotten about those!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:53 am

Was expecting to see my 8000 Avios bought on Dec 26, after what I read today, but no sign of them in my account.

Anybody else still without these 8k credits?

Last edited by travelalot2; Jan 30, 2016 at 9:17 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by erik19283
I even had forgotten about those!
I think nearly everyone has

If the 45 day rule holds true it will be mid February
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I think nearly everyone has

If the 45 day rule holds true it will be mid February
The rule is 40-120 days.

Welcome to Spain.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The rule is 40-120 days.

Welcome to Spain.

I heard about 120 days but the Iberia staff on Twitter informed me it's more likely to be 45 max.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:17 am

I received an email from Paypal this morning. Paypal has closed the dispute I opened for the 5x8000 Avios coupons in my favor. This concludes my Avios saga and as far as I am concerned, Groupon and Iberia can choke on the Avios. Never will I do business with either company again.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I received an email from Paypal this morning. Paypal has closed the dispute I opened for the 5x8000 Avios coupons in my favor. This concludes my Avios saga and as far as I am concerned, Groupon and Iberia can choke on the Avios. Never will I do business with either company again.
Congratulations, I am proud of you. Both my wife and I advanced our PayPal dispute to "Claims" and PayPal has given till 2-5-16 for Groupon.es to respond, which they have not done yet. Groupon.es did email us directly after the escalation at PayPal and requested that we release our claims with PayPal as they said they were locked out of the system so could not help us, we responded to just reimburse PayPal, none of their emails made any sense and we do not trust Groupon.es on "anything". Here is an interesting development, yesterday, 1-30-16, both my wife and I were credited with 4000 Avios in our respective accounts. This still leaves us 10,000 Avios short in each account. This credit must have come from a single Groupon for 4000 which has been marked "Paid Back" for the last 10 days and is part of the PayPal Claim. I am not going to contact Groupon.es further and just let the claim process play out. We are not going to subject ourselves to any more "Gross Incompetence" at Groupon.es. Again, you bring hope to the brushed off "Grouponeros"
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:44 am

Another update from Iberia on Twitter regarding the bonus Avios. I told them the 45 day period had expired, and they replied:

"According to our colleagues, the bonus points will be credited in a few days. If you don't receive it within one week, let us know."
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:49 am

4 phone calls and one email later, I'm still waiting. In the last phone call to Iberia, they said it'll be reserved by the end of the week. I'm opening a dispute with paypal if it doesn't. I'd hate to give up the avios, but this is getting out of hand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.