Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Has anyone else had any problems with their coupons not being redeemable? I bought 4 in total, 3 of which have been redeemed and Avios have posted in my IB account. The fourth coupon I cannot even redeem. When I enter the codes etc., the information is not being submitted and I am unable to proceed to the next screen.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: IHG - Spire Ambassador, SPG - Platinum, CI - Gold
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Contacted both. Got a reply from Groupon (see earlier post) and another follouw-up today that they were still looking into the issue. As I have received my Avios yesterday I have let them know that they can close my issue.

I never got a reply from Iberia. (I have contacted their customer care using the website ).
how have you gotten a hold of groupon.es? I have tried emailing multiple times, havent gotten a response.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by wroxpopuli
I didn't lodge any complaints and my 2,000 Avios (along with the iberia portal bonus for the groupon) showed up yesterday.
Glad to see someone got those bonus points... It gives me hope. I'll keep checking if I finally get mine soon; otherwise, I guess I'll have to start complaining somewhere (Iberia? Groupon?).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:13 am

Hi, I've just seen on Iberia Plus Store that my order (23 December 2015) of 4 Groupon of 4000 Avios has been cancelled. I received nevertheless these Avios last Friday. My order (16 December 2015) of 1 Groupon of 2000 Avios is still pending.
Maybe they cancelled my last order because of the problems they had? I have also opened a dispute with Paypal (now closed) and send a message to Iberia via Facebook to ask my missing Avios.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by erik19283
Glad to see someone got those bonus points... It gives me hope. I'll keep checking if I finally get mine soon; otherwise, I guess I'll have to start complaining somewhere (Iberia? Groupon?).
I still don't have my bonus either. They permanently show as 'pending' on my Iberia Plus account.

It would be Iberia you'd need to speak to about the bonus points, not Groupon. Personally I don't think Iberia will be responsive about bonus points.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I still don't have my bonus either. They permanently show as 'pending' on my Iberia Plus account.

It would be Iberia you'd need to speak to about the bonus points, not Groupon. Personally I don't think Iberia will be responsive about bonus points.
They do show up eventually. I have had some show up and it took me a month and a half. The terms say between 40 and 120 days.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by staff
Has anyone else had any problems with their coupons not being redeemable? I bought 4 in total, 3 of which have been redeemed and Avios have posted in my IB account. The fourth coupon I cannot even redeem. When I enter the codes etc., the information is not being submitted and I am unable to proceed to the next screen.

This is commonplace and part of the problem.

For whats its worth I tweeted @iberia_en earlier this week to express my displeasure and they got back to me in 20 minutes.. No instant solution I grant you but Iberia seem to be a little more proactive in sorting this than Groupon.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

For whats its worth I tweeted @iberia_en earlier this week to express my displeasure and they got back to me in 20 minutes.. No instant solution I grant you but Iberia seem to be a little more proactive in sorting this than Groupon.
@iberia_en are indeed quick but they just refer you to Iberia's customer service in Spain in my experience.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Thanks, I'll try tweeting them.

EDIT:

Got a response in a Twitter DM:

Hi, we've reported this inconvenience to the responsible department. As soon as we have news, we'll contact you back. Thank you and kind regards

Last edited by Kilian Zoll; Jan 27, 2016 at 11:53 pm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Another data point:
While I am still waiting for the 3 of my 4 lots of avios to post to my account, https://www.groupon.es/mygroupons now shows that all my groupons have been "Canjeado". Not quite sure when the change has taken place, as I've stopped looking at that page every day, but must have been some time in the current week.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:51 am

Thanks, I'll try tweeting them.

EDIT:

Got a response in a Twitter DM:
You might get lucky then. On another note, my 250 avios from Accor have been uploaded to Iberia. Hooray!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
If you get an error as that the coupon would already have been redeemed you can try to clear your cache, close your browser and reopen and enter the couponnumber again. That worked for me.

Originally Posted by aircow33
how have you gotten a hold of groupon.es? I have tried emailing multiple times, havent gotten a response.
Login to groupon, go to your groupons. With each coupon you have there's an option to contact groupon regarding that coupon. Once you get a reply you can just reply them using the mail.
I must say I was surprised by their response. I've even got a reply from them that they were pleased the matter was resolved.
I've contacted them in Spanish btw.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Another data point: now shows that all my groupons have been "Canjeado".
This means they have been redeemed at last and no doubt will now actually appear into your account in due course.

Another data point FWIW: When I pressed Iberia's customer services on twitter at @iberia_en regarding a timescale to sort this mess they alluded to days rather than weeks.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:43 am

Bought my avios on 12/25/15 and so far only 4,000 avios (out of 20k) have shown up and 1 of 5 groupons show "canjeado" and the rest can't be redeemed. Called into Iberia and they told me they couldn't resolve it and I had to write an email to them. I wrote the email two days ago and haven't received a response yet...Might have to go down the twitter route
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:10 am

42 days since purchase, I think that's long enough to wait for the bonuses. Time to speak to Iberia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.