Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I just completed two calls one with Iberia and one with Groupon. Iberia, I was not surprised, has no record on the Avios purchase.

Groupon, well, they stated that it would take 10 business days from the date the were processed, in my case January 8, 2016. IF and I do mean IF they do process, the Avios will have posted a full month after the Groupon coupons were purchased and redeemed. I'll wait until 01/22/2016 to see if the post but I am not feeling optimistic.
As the other Avios I bought on Groupon as well as the Avios for other people posted on Iberia Plus on Wednesday 30 December 2015, if something happen must be on Wednesday 20 January 2016.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by OnScholarship
If the Avios you bought through the Iberia "Store" using the Groupon.es promotion are not in your Iberia Avios account they have not "posted." What the Iberia rep. ignorantly must have been referring to is the reflection in your Iberia activity of the Iberia "Store" Bonus miles showing but not posted because Iberia stated that the Iberia account holder must "effectively" process their Groupons. The posts on this board relate to those that have not been able to "effectively" process their Groupons. Groupon.es is not helping. The common man posting on this board who participated in this promotion thru the Iberia "Store" has no real "effective" recourse now thru Groupon.es or Iberia. It is time to dispute your credit card charges and seek a refund.
sorry I wasn't clear. I bought 2k first on 17th Dec. I applied the voucher that day and the avios showed in my account between Xmas and New Year. Looking at my Iberia account now it says the 2000 avios posted on 17th Dec which is not correct.

I also bought and activated 48000 avios (4x12k) afterwards on 21st Dec. It is these that have not yet posted to my Iberia account. Groupon suggests coupon was used on 8th Jan so maybe they will post 15 days after then ie by 23rd.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
No progress but it seems like they extended the validity of the coupons?
I went online and saw that the coupons are now valid until Sunday 6th march:

Caduca: Domingo, 6 de Mar. de 2016 (47 días)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:21 pm

No progress on my end either. I received a response today from Groupon saying that the problem is on Iberia's end and that I should contact them. Has anyone recently contacted Iberia and know what they are saying?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I'm in the same boat. Bought 4 vouchers (across three transactions) for a total of 14,000 Avios. 3 of the vouchers have been redeemed whereas the fourth keeps saying "available to redeem" despite me trying to redeem it on multiple occasions.

Meanwhile, not a single Avios in my Iberia account...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Reason for the delay:

It's a conspiracy to keep us from transferring them to BA before the price of short domestic flights goes up.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:31 am

I just finished with another round of phone calls to Iberia and Groupon. Groupon is definitely pushing this to be an Iberia issue. The Groupon rep stated that Groupon can't offer any assistance, they sold the coupons but that is all they did. They once again repeated their statement about waiting 10 business days for the Avios to post.

I contacted Iberia multiple times this morning until I found one rep who was aware of the Groupon/Avios fiasco. She stated all she could really do was notate my account and forward this to their "backoffice". She stated that she notated my account and that I would receive a reply to my inquiry by end of day Friday, the 22nd.

So, in the end it seems that the 22nd is the magic day when the Avios will either appear in my account or I will be told, "Por favor espere 10 dias addionales".
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by rosarioit
I have received exactely the same answer from Groupon (they don't read the emails!):
---------
Hola, Rosario:

Gracias por ponerte en contacto con nosotros

Siento que hayas tenido dificultades para ponerte en contacto con Avios en Iberia Plus.

Los primeros días cuando sale una nueva oferta en Groupon puede haber muchos usuarios que estén intentando contactar para reservar y la empresa puede estar intentando atender a las reservas al mismo tiempo que a sus propios clientes. Entiendo que puede ser frustrante el no poder contactar rápidamente, te pedimos un poco de paciencia mientras la empresa resuelve la situación.

Solo para estar seguro de que tienes los datos de contacto correctos, los siguientes datos son los de contacto con esta empresa:

Web: http://www.iberia.com/es/iberiaplus/como-funciona/

La empresa no nos ha indicado que tenga ningún problema con estos datos de contacto, por lo que si tienes problemas te recomiendo intentarlo pasados unos días. Igualmente si sigue sin poder contactar con ellos, por favor responde a este mismo email para que podamos volver a revisarlo.

Gracias.
-------
I replied to this message saying that their answer was not answering my question: "When I will receive the Avios on my Iberia Plus account?"
Yesterday night I have opened a dispute with paypal which I used to do the payment to Groupon.
Have you received a response from Paypal or Groupon? I am debating opening a dispute through Paypal as well as that is who processed my payment.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:01 am

The following is Iberias response to my inquiry via Facebook about the status of my Avios.

"In principle, it's Groupon the one that can inform you, as it is a promotion managed directly by them. Nevertheless, we did ask our colleagues and they are requesting also the info to Groupon. Once they get back to us, we will let you know. Regards."
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:19 am

The following is Iberias response to my inquiry via Facebook about the status of my Avios.

"In principle, it's Groupon the one that can inform you, as it is a promotion managed directly by them. Nevertheless, we did ask our colleagues and they are requesting also the info to Groupon. Once they get back to us, we will let you know. Regards."
So each one is telling us the other is responsible? Oh dear!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:23 am

Have you received a response from Paypal or Groupon? I am debating opening a dispute through Paypal as well as that is who processed my payment.
Paypal is not supposed to answer to the dispute I have opened.
Groupon has not yet answered.
If I am not satisfied with the result of the dispute with Groupon I can, anytime but by 7 February 2016, escalate the dispute to a claim and in that case Paypal will look into the matter and decide if reimbourse me or not.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:36 am

I have posted about the issue on the Facebook page of Iberia too. Maybe they will look more carefully into the issue if many other people will also post about the problem in the Iberia facebook page.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by rosarioit
I have posted about the issue on the Facebook page of Iberia too. Maybe they will look more carefully into the issue if many other people will also post about the problem in the Iberia facebook page.
I posted on FB too and sent an additional email...Let's try to put some pressure on the Iberia folks...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Logged into Groupon.es account and accessed Iberia Store purchase and sent inquiry. I paste the response below. Groupon.es is not reading the inquiries, is sending canned responses and brushing off those that participated in this promotion.

Following the Groupon response is a response from the Iberia "Store". There is a claim form on the Iberia Store page. The Iberia Store is not reading the inquiries, is sending canned responses and brushing off those that participated in this promotion.

Thank you for contacting us

Sorry to read that you have not received your Avios. To resolve this issue, please contact the company and indicaselo. They may give you a solution because, in this case, they are responsible for your Avios.

If you have any other incident, again please contact us by responding to this email.

Greetings!

If you have any further questions, please see our questions
common: https://www.groupon.es/preguntas_frecuentes

A greeting.

Your team Groupon
Customer Service www.groupon.es
Thank you for your email.

About your purchase with ID: 17371908 we'll confirm the transaction with the Retailer before updating the transaction status to 'Approved'. Most purchase will be approved within 40 days, but some retailers may take up to 120 days, and are subject to the Retailer's Terms & Conditions.

On the toher hand, at IberiaPluStore we only offer Avios for purchases made at Groupon. We do not offer the Avios you purchased through Groupon, the 2000 Avios coupon was made with Iberia Plus. Therefore please can I ask that you contact Groupon or Iberia Plus directly (http://www.iberia.com/es/centros-ibplus/) where they will be able to advise you?

Kind regards,

Iberia Plus.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:38 am

I have decided to stop trying to get Iberia or Groupon to hold up their end of the deal and filed a Paypal dispute to attempt to recover the money spent on purchasing these phantom Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.