Wiki Posts
Search

Mad - Gig cancelled 4th Feb

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Mad - Gig cancelled 4th Feb

Just had an email from Iberia saying they have cancelled the Madrid to Rio flight on 4th Feb and moved me to 5th and it's a A340 now instead of a 330!
I have positioning flights booked from the UK for 3rd.
Any suggestions for best alternate options? Would they rebook on BA for example for the same date as planned?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Before doing anything, check out the cost of other services. You are entitled to a full fee-free refund of your IB ticket. If the ticket you want is cheaper, you should cancel for the refund and book the new ticket yourself. But, if it's not:

The tentative rebook is simply what IB's system chooses as the most likely acceptable alternative. If it's not what you want, you should certainly call IB and ask for the BA service (which ought to be palatable to IB, as opposed to other carriers). I would have the flight numbers in hand. The easier you make this, the more likely an agent is to do it.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If your MAD-GIG is on a separate ticket to your UK to MAD, the Iberia agent might struggle to let you re-ticket ex-LHR or ex-EDI. So you would need to make sure your positioning flight is early enough to cater for a flight back to London connecting onto Rio.

You might also be able to agree a routing on IB via GRU with a domestic flight over to RIO.

You can also demand a refund and rebook yourself on any other option that suits you.

Otherwise just try to enjoy your extra day in Madrid or change your positioning flight. There are worse things than having three months notice of a schedule change...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Thanks, I gave them a call and they offered to route via LHR on BA. No option to cut out the Madrid sectors so looks like a night in an airport hotel in Madrid then back to LHR but can't complain really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.