Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Although I am aware that many of you posted things about lounges, I just wanted to share it and I hope you like it.

The lounge itself is fine, food around 8:30 is really limited though. The seating is nice, and I prefer these seats to the first class lounge at T5 in London. Although style wise, yes T5 is better, but the issue is that those seats are old and worn, these feels much more sturdy.

Although most staff members are really friendly (and sometimes a little too obedient, which I personally don't like), I did had an issue with one of them. I wanted to have a glass of wine, and there was no wine. Now I know it was 8:30 in the morning, but everything but the wine was set up(That means, all the glasses were there, coolers on, information there). So I asked 2 staff member, and 1 said he would get it arrange straight away, and the other one said on a .....y tone "well it is really early sir". I hate a .....y tone, and I don't think I should be treated that way in most situation (if any!). Knowing how I am, I responded quite bluntly "Well this is an international lounge, and the choice should be there at least". I know .....y too, not going to deny it.

And then she said in an even mor .....y tone "Do you want me to explain it sir", and I simply said "no". Cause quite frankly, if you want to talk to me that way, I don't feel the need to listen.

Right after, I went to the reception desk, and this kind gentlemen heard my complaint, offered me the best service "Can I book you into one of our relaxation rooms or maybe you would like to have a shower" simply to easy the experience. Not necessary, but totally appreciated. He listened to my complaints, and to my surprise he made a comment in my favour (I did had a feeling he wanted me to Show the relaxation rooms himself lol).

I do wanted to mention this, as I do believe that his handling was quite correct. He just wanted to help, listened and it made me relaxed too (not that I was angry, but a little agitated I was).

having said all of this, the wine was great! I had a fine rioja, and I enjoyed it a lot! Spain is such a fantastic place for wine, and I do believe Iberia understands this in an international but Schengen lounge(is that correct?).

I think complaints should always come in balanced, and actually this isn't so much of a complaint really. I had a fine experience, and I felt that the lounge was sufficient to most people's need. Is that important? It sure is!

Anyway, regardless of the tiny bad experience, I do feel great (it's not the wine talking lol). The lounge is fine, and for a flight to Helsinki, it's ok. Next time, Iberia Velasquez lounge!

PS. they got free wifi now, which (according to what I read) is new!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
PS. they got free wifi now, which (according to what I read) is new!
Not really new, but improved. They used to give passes valid for (I think) half an hour, but you could get a bunch of them. Now there is just a normal password.

Dalí is the lounge for Schengen flights and a few non-Shengen (UK flights on IB metal).

Velázquez is a much better lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
i was there twice the last week and indeed enjoyed it very much, too!

pretty good wine (for a business class lounge), good seating, nice building and extremely friendly staff. foodwise i have seen better, but the chicken fusilli were surprisingly good for some cold noodles. and i loved the häagen dazs ice cream, you are always going to make me happy with that!

so, yeah, MAD is IMHO pretty much on par with T5 GC.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Not really new, but improved. They used to give passes valid for (I think) half an hour, but you could get a bunch of them. Now there is just a normal password.
Yes they were 30 mins. I usually got 5-6 at a time from reception. I still have quite a lot of them and they work in other Spanish Airports so quite handy
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by flolee
and i loved the häagen dazs ice cream, you are always going to make me happy with that!
I, on the other hand, lament the change from Mövenpick to Häagen Dazs.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Oh, no i prefer häagen dasz by far but i know lots of ppl who do not. So its probalby not easy to please everybody but at least i am happy
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by flolee
Oh, no i prefer häagen dasz by far but i know lots of ppl who do not. So its probalby not easy to please everybody but at least i am happy
+1
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
The lounge itself is fine, food around 8:30 is really limited though.
How would you guys rate the breakfast foods in the Velazquez lounge?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:46 pm

Very nice always a good range of hot and cold breakfast items. ^

Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Very nice always a good range of hot and cold breakfast items.
Who needs wine when cava is available in the fridge
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I'm with you. Nothing wrong with Häagen Dazs, but I'm a big fan of the Mövenpick chocolate chip. Still, having ice cream at all is a step up on many other airline lounges, I always enjoy both Dali and Velazquez.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:18 pm

Of course, I was just being facetious. The ice cream is a very good touch and both lounges are very good, especially keeping in mind that they are open to any Sapphire.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I did like the ice cream touch, although I did not tested the ice myself as I was enjoying some wine haha. The cava is pretty nice too!

Like with most lounges (except the AA lounges, although I heard their flagship lounge is fine) there are only tiny bits that could actually make a lounge a lot better.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I'm flying into MAD this Saturday connecting to BIO. Looking forward to trying this lounge after hearing a lot of good things about it!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Had a quick visit, about 10 min, as I was connecting LIS-MAD-ZRH yesterday. The lounge is pretty nice. Sadly, I only had time for a half glass of the Brut Cava that was on offer with the bottle in a bucket of ice. But the Cava was nice.

The lounge is a bit hard to find if you're connecting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.