Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:56 pm

Missing from this thread is this essential information

The shorth-haul service schedules

Iberia Express

International and Canary Islands

- 10:30 Hot Breakfast

10:30 - 12:00 Brunch

12:00 Hot Lunch/Dinner

https://www.iberiaexpress.com/inform...n/menu-a-bordo

Iberia Mainline

International < 3:55 hours

From 4 am to 11 am Hot Breakfast

11:01 - 03:59 Hot Lunch/Dinner

https://www.iberia.com/web/obsmenu.do?menuId=MENBOR
Marschel likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Pretty decent for that sector ^
Indeed, I was very impressed. I flew BA later on that trip on a much longer flight (OTP-LHR) leaving at the same time and the food was far worse.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
I actually got that Foie Gras stuffed chicken on a MAD-LIS flight. I was really impressed with the fact that the crew managed a pretty decent full service on such a flight. On the way back LIS-MAD the crew also took really good care of me. The little chocolate square with the coffee/tea service is also a really nice touch.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Missing from this thread is this essential information
Thanks for the link ^
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
IB J ZRH-MAD Dec 2015 Mango stuffed chicken breast with mushroom rice:

IMG_3615 by Greg Five, on Flickr

IMG_3616by Greg Five, on Flickr

Tea Service:

IMG_3617 by Greg Five, on Flickr

IB J MAD-LIS Dec 2015 Foie Gras filled chicken thigh with potatoes. (It didn't come out until after half of the flight, but the CC didn't seem to have any problems doing a full service in the short time):

IMG_3619 by Greg Five, on Flickr

IB J LIS-MAD Dec 2015 Crab ravioli (Better than it looks, a very excellent service by the crew, especially when you compare it to what BA does in the same amount of time):

IMG_3663 by Greg Five, on Flickr

IB J MAD-ZRH Dec 2015 Chicken with Foie Gras (Again! But I thought it was pretty tasty. An excellent service by the crew on this flight too!):

IMG_3672 by Greg Five, on Flickr

On this flight we also were given a menu:

IMG_3671 by Greg Five, on Flickr
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
What sparkling wine is served on short haul J class?

I am booked on the Iberia LHR-MAD evening flight on board the A340-600. Any idea what sparkling wine they serve in J class: cava or champagne and what brand?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Any recent experiences of J food MAD-BOG? Flight departs 1200-1620 so I presume a lunch and then some sort of second meal/snack?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
IB3003 IST-MAD Economy 22.03.2016

A chance to sample economy complimentary food and drinks on Iberia in Europe!

Apparently on the MAD-IST service the meal is actually hot.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I seem to recall reading that, apart from Istanbul, the other destinations that get complimentary meal service in economy in Europe are Athens and Moscow. Surely there must be a couple others?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:45 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Concerto
I seem to recall reading that, apart from Istanbul, the other destinations that get complimentary meal service in economy in Europe are Athens and Moscow. Surely there must be a couple others?
It also used to be ARN, but now it is operated by IBX, thus no complimentary food/drinks any longer. WAW was another one, but it was ceased in 2009 (interestingly enough they're now reinstating KRK, but nor WAW).
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:20 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Any recent experiences of J food MAD-BOG? Flight departs 1200-1620 so I presume a lunch and then some sort of second meal/snack?
I don't know if you already flew this but food MAD BOG is excellent. A light lunch, by that I mean no carbs, I had sea bass in an oily tomato and garlic shoots sauce. It was delicious. Snack before landing when you come over Ccuta. This was ibricos with ciabatta and pan cataln.

Food BOG MAD is rubbish. Sounds nice on the menu but when it arrives in front of you it is meh! Breakfast is even nastier. Gate gourmet in Bogot blows, I know of no airline that is able to get them to make a decent meal
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
It also used to be ARN, but now it is operated by IBX, thus no complimentary food/drinks any longer. WAW was another one, but it was ceased in 2009 (interestingly enough they're now reinstating KRK, but nor WAW).

No it wasn't, unless you're taking ancient times, I've flown that route several times, btw. I'm fairly
sure MAD-ARN is operated by Iberia mainline again (until october I read somewhere)

According to IB:s website. post #16, food will only be complimentary in economy on flights with a flight time longer then
4hrs 11mins (English versions says 4:05 ?) so IST and ATH doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Apr 3, 2016 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by TPJ
What you mean is, WAW ceased to exist as a route in the timetable, not that free catering ceased to exist on the WAW route, if I understand correctly. So free catering still exists on IST and ATH, right? What about MOW?

I noticed that Iberia Express have also stopped serving the German cities and it's back to mainline now. I wonder what all that was about.

Looking at the economy BOB menu in the link in post #16 above, the choice seems to be not so bad. Ok for a shortish flight, maybe.

Last edited by Concerto; Apr 4, 2016 at 2:32 am Reason: afterthought
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
So free catering still exists on IST and ATH, right? What about MOW?
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=120761738
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
LHR - MAD breakfast.

Really quite dismal... a plain omelette, sour fruit and dry pastries.

Orange juice, however, was very fresh.

During lunch and dinner I tend to far prefer the Iberia business offering to BA, but would avoid Iberia for breakfast flights if possible.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.