Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia posts profit new routes and new aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia posts profit new routes and new aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by JAXBA
What do we think the odds are of IB joining the BA/AY/JL trans-Siberian joint business now that they'll be flying to NRT? Is there anything that prevents them from joining almost instantly, such as needing to operate the route for a while first?
I would say it is highly likely. Iberia has no brand presence in Asia and codesharing with JL and access to JL's distribution network will be critical in making the route a success.

I assume at a very minimum the competition authorities will need to be notified.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELLAS
From 18th October IB will start MAD-NRT 3 times a week. Flights on sale today.

Also subject to slots MAD-PVG will commence 2016/2017 timetable.
^ I tried some dummy Avios bookings to figure out how many Avios IB+ are planning to charge, but I get error messages...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by craigthemif
^ I tried some dummy Avios bookings to figure out how many Avios IB+ are planning to charge, but I get error messages...
Today I get one in business but I must call to Platino Customer Service line. The flights will be in Band 8 (more than 6500 miles). And taxes were about 240 euros for a round trip.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
A good market analysis by CAPA which points to more growth in Asia:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...rom-iag-263658

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.