Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Emergency slide accidentally deployed just meters from the arrival gate in MAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Just arrived in MAD airport on a pleasant and otherwise quiet and absolutely normal evening flight VIE-MAD (IB 3123 today 06/03)

But then it happened: Perhaps around 20m (literally 20m not more than that) from the arrival stand you hear a big, big swooshing sound….

Apparently the emergency slide at the right hand front door deployed for whatever reason.

Suddenly a big commotion at the galley, all crew gathering and the captain taking a concerned look with the first officer then taxiing gently, very gently the remaining distance (these 20m took about 5 min…) to the gate so that everybody could disembark as usual

No announcement from the crew but most pax had realized what had happened and then made pics from the terminal building

(And if someone explains to me how to post a pic - without having to specify a URL - I could actually add one here too... sorry for my ignorance...)
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:24 pm

Pic would be great if you could figure it out (sorry I know that is no help!)
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
If you go to My Flyer Talk, you can create an album (pictures & albums) and upload the picture there. Click on the picture, and below you will see the line to copy to your post in the thread to share the photo. Easiest way to do it.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:00 am

Or try http://www.postimage.org/
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:21 am
Original Poster

OK - tried the FlyerTalk album suggestion and seems to work. Here are a few pics of the incident

Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Interesting... it doesn't seem to have made any newspapers, if this was the UK it would prob be TV news.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:13 am
NNH

Location: LA, after growing up in London and living all over Europe
Programs: Ex-BD, ex-NW, ex-AA, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Interesting... it doesn't seem to have made any newspapers, if this was the UK it would prob be TV news.
If this was in the UK, there'd be a passenger wailing in an interview with the Daily Mail about how s/he's now too scared to fly...
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by NNH
If this was in the UK, there'd be a passenger wailing in an interview with the Daily Mail about how s/he's now too scared to fly...
^
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:03 pm

Too bad they didn't allow deplaning over the slide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.