Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Plus redemption down?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Thumbs down Iberia Plus redemption down?

I see flights available but: To use your Avios please contact your Iberia Plus Service Center: 901 201214. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is it just me (cause I dont have enough points there yet - would need to transfer from BAEC) or is it a general problem?
Transfer from Iberia to BAEC seems to be also blocked.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It seems to be a problem for everybody.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...-iberia-2.html

Calling IB+ may or may not provide a solution. I suppose I should try myself, since I speak Spanish and have an IB+ award I want to book for later in the year, but I quite frankly have better things to do with my time than talk to IB+ via skype...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Yep, some accounts blocked, I presume due to access from AwardWallet. With another company I'd just wait 2-3 months for the issue to resolve itself, but with Iberia not sure this will work...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
I was able to unblock the account. I can log in , but when trying to book a flight, I receive the error message.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
So it's not unblocked, you've just changed the password. Good luck with IB+ call center!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC, KOP 305
Originally Posted by neuromancer
So it's not unblocked, you've just changed the password. Good luck with IB+ call center!
Good luck indeed!

My account has been blocked as well and I called IB+ about a week ago on the number given on the website when trying to make an Avios booking. I was advised that my request of unblock would be passed on to the relevant department. That department would then email me a form to complete, and after sending this back apparently my account would be unblocked. I asked for time scales but was told that since this involved a different department she had no idea about time scales.

So far I've been waiting for one week and I haven't even received the form that I'm supposed to complete!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So I just called and had them check the status of my account and had to ask for some personal details and will supposedly send me an email asking me for a new password and everything will be alright from there.

Let's see how it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.