Wiki Posts
Search

Close-in Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Close-in Award Availability

I know it's often tough to generalize for certain airlines, but how does IB rank when it comes to releasing J availability close to departure? Is there a pattern to how it gets released, or generally random? I'm interested in experiences using either IB+ Avios or oneworld partner inventory, as they seem to be managed separately.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
They basically don't release additional seats unless someone cancels.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
So it's just x number of J award seats per flight that all get released at T-355? How many is that typically on a TATL segment? 4?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reviving this thread: It appears that IB did not release any additional award seats closer to the date of flight. Is this still the case?

Fyi, I am looking at MAD-LAX business/U-award.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Reviving this thread: It appears that IB did not release any additional award seats closer to the date of flight. Is this still the case?

Fyi, I am looking at MAD-LAX business/U-award.
MAD-LAX is very hard to find award availability for. Obviously keep checking, but don't expect a J seat to open up.

It's generally not BA/IB policy to open up J award seats close to departure, since that incentivises people to book Y or Premium Economy and feel pretty confident about grabbing an upgrade using Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.