Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Express MAD-EDI Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Iberia Express MAD-EDI Business Class?

Just booked J on the new MAD-EDI service and have a few questions you might be able to help me out with.

Will the flight leave from T4 or T4S? We're on separate tickets as they didn't announce the new route until after we'd booked the EZE flight. I know they'll through check our luggage however what can you see happening if the inbound arrives late.....say 'tough luck' you're own your own?
As we'll have had breakfast on the incoming EZE flight and a couple of hours in the lounge before the 08.55 departure the inflight service won't be that important. I suppose we'll be served a breakfast on board? I have read the IB EX J product isn't up to the same standard as IB mainline is that true?

Silly me, just realised it says on the confirmation email that departure will be from T4. Any chance of nipping outside for a smoke I wonder?

Last edited by HIDDY; Dec 21, 2014 at 9:13 am
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yeah, all CTA flights leave from T4 now except the widebodies. I'm pretty sure even BA has been there for a few months now.

You actually won't have a choice about going landside in that case since you'll have to go back to T4 for security. Shouldn't be an issue to take a couple minutes for a smoke since you'll be landside anyway.

I avoid shorthaul J if at all possible but I really didn't see much difference with the I2 seat. Maybe a bit less legroom in J (I try to be as forward in the economy cabin as possible for the legroom) but still comfortable.

As far as connection protection, no idea on that one.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:47 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Until something has changed fairly recently no hot food on I2, so do not skip breakfast on EZE-MAD sector. Agree with LupineChemist -all UK flights depart from T4 and not from T4S.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks. ^
I hadn't realised all the UK flights had moved to T4. Sounds as if not much time will be wasted going outside for a ciggie then.

A cold breakfast on board will do us.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Just booked J on the new MAD-EDI service and have a few questions you might be able to help me out with.

Will the flight leave from T4 or T4S? We're on separate tickets as they didn't announce the new route until after we'd booked the EZE flight. I know they'll through check our luggage however what can you see happening if the inbound arrives late.....say 'tough luck' you're own your own?
As we'll have had breakfast on the incoming EZE flight and a couple of hours in the lounge before the 08.55 departure the inflight service won't be that important. I suppose we'll be served a breakfast on board? I have read the IB EX J product isn't up to the same standard as IB mainline is that true?

Silly me, just realised it says on the confirmation email that departure will be from T4. Any chance of nipping outside for a smoke I wonder?
If you are on two separate tickets they are under no obligation to rebook you but may as a courtesy seeing as it is the IB group if it comes to that.

I was served a hot meal in I2 J Class and found it very pleasant. Seat pitch same as Y with middle seat free. I actually found the I2 crew nicer and more professional than the IB Mainline crew.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Yeah, all CTA flights leave from T4 now except the widebodies. I'm pretty sure even BA has been there for a few months now.

You actually won't have a choice about going landside in that case since you'll have to go back to T4 for security. Shouldn't be an issue to take a couple minutes for a smoke since you'll be landside anyway.

I avoid shorthaul J if at all possible but I really didn't see much difference with the I2 seat. Maybe a bit less legroom in J (I try to be as forward in the economy cabin as possible for the legroom) but still comfortable.

As far as connection protection, no idea on that one.
Slightly OT, but are you sure about BA moving to T4? I have a MAD-LHR flight coming up and it's showing as T4S in the booking, plus a quick look at flightstats shows BA flights this week (the few I checked at least) were going from T4S.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Slightly OT, but are you sure about BA moving to T4? I have a MAD-LHR flight coming up and it's showing as T4S in the booking, plus a quick look at flightstats shows BA flights this week (the few I checked at least) were going from T4S.
I'm not POSITIVE but I did seen a BA plane parked at T4 when I was last at that end of the airport in November I think it was. That said, I highly doubt it can accomodate the 767 and I know it can't when IB uses the 340 in the summer. Both of those planes leave from T4S.

So I'll just say that I thought so, but not entirely sure. It would make sense if it were the case though as it eliminates the need to go through security when connecting in MAD.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'm not POSITIVE but I did seen a BA plane parked at T4 when I was last at that end of the airport in November I think it was. That said, I highly doubt it can accomodate the 767 and I know it can't when IB uses the 340 in the summer. Both of those planes leave from T4S.

So I'll just say that I thought so, but not entirely sure. It would make sense if it were the case though as it eliminates the need to go through security when connecting in MAD.
Thanks, would actually be useful for me in this case as the flight is connecting from an IB flight which arrives into T4. We shall see.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:52 pm

BA flights still going from T4S .
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:34 pm

Main T4 has a mini-area the south side (H1-H10 Gates) for flights out of schengen, it was initially only used for IB flights to LHR, later I2 moved its DUB flights there and last October BA Cityflyer also operates their LCY service from there but BA mainline is still operating from T4S.

As I2 has no operation at all at T4S I think they'll operate the flights from T4 H gates unless there're some space constraints which isn't the case at the moment.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by julianin
Main T4 has a mini-area the south side (H1-H10 Gates) for flights out of schengen, it was initially only used for IB flights to LHR, later I2 moved its DUB flights there and last October BA Cityflyer also operates their LCY service from there but BA mainline is still operating from T4S.
Is there a security rescreening from CTA arrivals into T4 or just a passport check?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:04 pm

No security if arriving to T4. Security if arriving to T4S.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:18 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
The BA flights still go from T4S but the BA operated by IB T4
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
The BA flights still go from T4S but the BA operated by IB T4
Yes, and since they are usually the same price the lack of transit security will make a big difference to my choice!

BA CityFlyer LCY-MAD now goes to T4
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info all. ^

If the EZE flight is on time we'll have two and a half hours connection time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.