Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB schedule change - "accept or refuse"?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
IB schedule change - "accept or refuse"?

I checked my forthcoming booking today in business class and saw that there is a schedule change. IB asks me if I want to accept the changes or refuse. Has anyone got experience of this and can tell me what my options are likely to be and/or what happens if I select "refuse"?

I will call IB but I would be grateful to benefit from others' experience before I do. Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I checked my forthcoming booking today in business class and saw that there is a schedule change. IB asks me if I want to accept the changes or refuse. Has anyone got experience of this and can tell me what my options are likely to be and/or what happens if I select "refuse"?

I will call IB but I would be grateful to benefit from others' experience before I do. Thanks!
Normally it will be minor changes, belive it or not they sometimes have to do with the starting or ending of the Daylight Saving hour change...

But, the beauty of this "changes" is that you can call and they will reschedule your flights up to 7 days prior or 7 days after your original date, (regadless if it was a price ticket, that means they "open" up all spaces!).
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Indeed you now have a lot of flexibility for changing your ticket, as long as the change isn't truly inconsequential.

Always good to have an excuse for the change. Recently my GF had a schedule change, which left a short-ish connection in MAD. She actually wanted to travel the night before to visit a friend, made up an excuse about being injured and unable to make the connection quickly, and was able to select her preferred flight at no cost...

So, make up an excuse, and investigate the options yourself before calling Iberia...
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks! I assume that even the flexibility will mean only IB rebooking rather than BA or AA even if they codeshare, or would an IB codeshare operated by someone else work??
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
"refuse" means negotiating an alternate itinerary, or cancelling without charge.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks! I assume that even the flexibility will mean only IB rebooking rather than BA or AA even if they codeshare, or would an IB codeshare operated by someone else work??
If you can demonstrate that the codeshare options fit your original itinerary timing better than the offered IB alternative, you might get away with it.

Otherwise, you should assume that IB will only want to rebook you on IB metal.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Indeed you now have a lot of flexibility for changing your ticket, as long as the change isn't truly inconsequential.

Always good to have an excuse for the change. Recently my GF had a schedule change, which left a short-ish connection in MAD. She actually wanted to travel the night before to visit a friend, made up an excuse about being injured and unable to make the connection quickly, and was able to select her preferred flight at no cost...

So, make up an excuse, and investigate the options yourself before calling Iberia...
That is exactly my point... you really dont need any excuse, the agent will just see that there is a change in the schedule, and will change the date if you ask for it... no excuses needed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.