Search

Overweight Baggage - Iberia OW Emerald

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Overweight Baggage - Iberia OW Emerald

Hey folks,

I've got to fly IB MAD-JFK with a connection on AA down to EZE. I've got some rather heavy auto parts, gears and the like, which i need to bring down to a truck in south america.

My question is two fold. One what are IB's rules for OW elites (emerald in my case) for overweight bags? I see IB's site has listings for their own elites, allowing overweight bags as an elite benefit, but it's not clear if it applies to OW elites.

My second question is about the auto parts. Does IB accept checked parts? They're mostly heavy metal things, totally i think 38kg, but i can split them up in to a couple bags. It's some housing, gears, ball bearings, rubber seals, etc... There's a minimal amount of oil, but nothing flowing or which could accumulate, it's been drained for transport.

I'm flying in economy on a Y ticket.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
As per the iberia web page, They treat AA and BA elites as their own:

Overweight free(2)

(2)Only for Iberia Platinum customers and American Airlines and British Airways Emerald customers. Emerald customers of other OneWorld companies have the benefit of an additional piece of luggage (23 Kg ).
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Perli
As per the iberia web page, They treat AA and BA elites as their own:

Overweight free(2)

(2)Only for Iberia Platinum customers and American Airlines and British Airways Emerald customers. Emerald customers of other OneWorld companies have the benefit of an additional piece of luggage (23 Kg ).
Hey! Thanks. I somehow missed it when i looked. Since i'm AA ExecPlat (emerald) and my kids are both Platinum, then we shouldn't have any problem. I wish more airlines treated partner elites as if they were their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.