Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPs in Y

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
TPs in Y

I'm flying next week DUB-LHR and LHR-VIE both in Y.

After checking with BA's avios calculator I get 20TPs for the DUB-LHR segment (as expected) and 20TPs for the LHR-VIE one (way below expected as I usually get 150TP flying MAD-VIE in Y with IB). I'll be crediting the flights to my IBPlus account.

Is this correct? Will I get J TPs if I pay for an upgrade at the airport (BAs MMB does not allow me to do it via web)?.

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
If you are in full TP-earning (Y, B, H) EuroTraveller (economy) cabin, then you get 20 TPs per sector. If you are in discount EuroTraveller (anything other than Y, B, H) then you get 10 TPs per sector.

Iberia Plus does not use the Tier Point. Their equivalent is Elite Points and their thresholds are different, so 1 BA TP is not equal 1 IB Elite Points.

If you are crediting the flights to your IBPlus account, you need to ask the IBPlus members the question about the Elite Points earning if you upgrade a BA flight at the airport.

Therefore, I'm going to send this thread to the IB forum.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by JuanRos
Will I get J TPs if I pay for an upgrade at the airport (BAs MMB does not allow me to do it via web)?.
If you can buy a special offer upgrade (not always on offer) at the airport (an AUP), then you get J TPs. However, 97% of the time, you'll have to submit a manual claim for this on the webform.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
there is a chart on the Iberia Plus website for earning Elite Points on Oneworld airlines.

If you're flying full Y, you should receive 40 Elite Points for DUB-LHR and 70 Elite Points for LHR-VIE.

In theory you would receive double that if you upgrade to J. In practice, this is Iberia Plus so it might take a lot of fighting to get them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.