Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Sometimes customer service on twitter is quicker than other ways to contact Iberia:
https://twitter.com/Iberia_en
Print Wikipost

Iberia Award ticket cancel Avios refund

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Contact [email protected] .
Her name is Sol Orduna
She was very quick to get results.
You need to supply your Iberia plus number and details.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by zsalya_fly
Perhaps I should have been robotic and not mentioned reason for cancellation?
What flight is it? If it's not on the IB group or BA it is not cancellable, which could be the reason.

Edit: Sorry, I see the flights are on IB and I2, I missed it originally.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Does anyone know if Iberia allows refunds for partner award tickets to coronavirus affected areas? I have CX flights to Seoul booked via Iberia, and it seems I won't be able to fly due to travel restrictions imposed by Taiwanese government.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I believe they have to by law - don’t they? You could ask on Twitter.
You generally shouldn’t book partner awards through IB, but rather transfer your Avios to BA and then book through BA. BA allows partner awards cancellations.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Does anyone know if Iberia allows refunds for partner award tickets to coronavirus affected areas? I have CX flights to Seoul booked via Iberia, and it seems I won't be able to fly due to travel restrictions imposed by Taiwanese government.
Which partner airline? I had great success reaching this person last year.. Contact [email protected] .
Her name is Sol Orduna
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by duranza
Which partner airline? I had great success reaching this person last year.. Contact [email protected] .
Her name is Sol Orduna
CX is Cathay Pacific. I will try, thank you.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:30 am

Anyone have luck getting Avios Award ticket on Iberia cancelled without fees?
The other passenger on my itinerary has tested positive but Iberia when I called wants to charge $40 per ticket to cancel.
Iberia claims rules for Avios bookings are same as before. Only cash tickets are covered under the situation.
At this point we might just go ahead with the flight.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Seriously? You want to put other people’s lives at risk for $40?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by AC777300
The other passenger on my itinerary has tested positive but Iberia when I called wants to charge $40 per ticket to cancel.
Iberia claims rules for Avios bookings are same as before. Only cash tickets are covered under the situation.
Iberia announced that some passengers tested positive for Coronavirus and that the flight would resume nevertheless?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:38 pm

I was only charged $25 per ticket last year on my business class tickets.
Check the fine print on your Iberia email confirmation.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The other passenger on my itinerary has tested positive but
Sounds like involuntary manslaughter to me. Hope you used the deep web, etc. to sign up for Flyertalk.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:57 pm

So I had a booking I made with Avios - finally got the bonus/voucher email (over a week after I sent it) and it shows the voucher for the taxes/fees payment. But does that voucher include my points I used as well? In the email it only shows the dollar amount. I guess I'll try to re-book using the voucher - anyone try it already to see if it includes the points? I guess I assumed they would just refund the points to my account but perhaps not?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Policy.
Us IB+ regulars always say in different threads "don't book partner airlines via IB+ because the tickets are completely non-refundable, move your Avios to BAEC and book there".
I don't understand this comment. The terms when I booked my award flight (on BA through Iberia), as stated in my confirmation email, are "Refund (in each direction) Permitted with a surcharge of €25 up to 24 hours before the departure of the first flight on the ticket, as long as this does not include any IB5XXX flight." This is why I transferred the points to Iberia instead of booking through BA. So how are you saying they are completely non-refundable?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
I don't understand this comment. The terms when I booked my award flight (on BA through Iberia), as stated in my confirmation email, are "Refund (in each direction) Permitted with a surcharge of €25 up to 24 hours before the departure of the first flight on the ticket, as long as this does not include any IB5XXX flight." This is why I transferred the points to Iberia instead of booking through BA. So how are you saying they are completely non-refundable?
Since your award is a BA flight, there's an option to cancel and refund. For other partners like AA, the rules are different, and that's what the comment was about. Headforpoints has a series of articles called "Avios university." Here he explains this point.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I cancelled an award booking two weeks ago due to COVID-19 and was told that I could only get the ~$80 in taxes on a voucher. I reluctantly agreed, but saw the $80 post as a refund to my credit card a week later. However, still don't have the points back in my account and its been 15 days. Is it worth trying to get on the phone? I tried yesterday and was disconnected after ~15 minutes, but curious if I am calling the right number.

I wouldn't normally call and busy up the lines, but my original travel date was tomorrow and wanted to make sure I could get the points back and they wouldn't say I was a no-show. FWIW the record locator no longer pulls up so it doesn't appear like the ticket is still valid (seat assignments gone, etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.