Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Avios and Hertz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Iberia Avios and Hertz

I have a few questions about earning Avios via Hertz rentals, I searched the forum and didn't find answers.

1. My Iberia card has the letters IB and then 8 numbers - I entered only the 8 numbers into my Hertz profile before choosing to credit to IB - on my contract it shows IB XXXXXXXX. Was this correct or do I need to have the IB in with the 8 numbers?

2. I am using the travel partners CDP and not the Iberia CDP (I usually use Travel Partners with other airline partners and have always gotten credit). Is there a requirement to us the IB CDP in order to get credit?

3. Earnings look generous as they are based on car type:

Mini/Compact 300
Intermediate/Full Size 375
Premium/Luxury 450

per day for leisure rates. This seems like excellent earning - am I getting this correct?

4. Time to post - It's been 2 weeks since the first rental credited to IB - no Avios yet - from a search it appears it can be from 8 days to many weeks - and suggestions on how long to wait before following up with Hertz?

5. I now notice this on the Hertz site: "Points are not awarded with following rates and rentals: monthly rentals, replacement vehicles, tour operator, special rates and promotions.
This agreement applies to worldwide Hertz locations." I booked via Hertz.com and did use a PC along with the lowest quoted rate - would this be a problem with respect to earning IB Avios? I am not sure what "special rates" and "promotions" means in this context.

thanks!

Last edited by newK2; Oct 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reason: to add query on rates that qualify
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newK2
I have a few questions about earning Avios via Hertz rentals, I searched the forum and didn't find answers.

1. My Iberia card has the letters IB and then 8 numbers - I entered only the 8 numbers into my Hertz profile before choosing to credit to IB - on my contract it shows IB XXXXXXXX. Was this correct or do I need to have the IB in with the 8 numbers?

2. I am using the travel partners CDP and not the Iberia CDP (I usually use Travel Partners with other airline partners and have always gotten credit). Is there a requirement to us the IB CDP in order to get credit?

3. Earnings look generous as they are based on car type:

Mini/Compact 300
Intermediate/Full Size 375
Premium/Luxury 450

per day for leisure rates. This seems like excellent earning - am I getting this correct?

4. Time to post - It's been 2 weeks since the first rental credited to IB - no Avios yet - from a search it appears it can be from 8 days to many weeks - and suggestions on how long to wait before following up with Hertz?

5. I now notice this on the Hertz site: "Points are not awarded with following rates and rentals: monthly rentals, replacement vehicles, tour operator, special rates and promotions.
This agreement applies to worldwide Hertz locations." I booked via Hertz.com and did use a PC along with the lowest quoted rate - would this be a problem with respect to earning IB Avios? I am not sure what "special rates" and "promotions" means in this context.

thanks!
1. You don't need the IB. Just the numbers...
2. There is no requirement to use the IB CDP.
3. Earnings are indeed quite generous, particularly for 1 or 2 week rentals...
4. Miles can take ages to arrive. If it's listed on your contract though you ought to be fine. You should chase Hertz in the first instance - Iberia will refer you to the partner anyhow.
5. Anything you get as the lowest quoted rate on the Hertz website ought to earn you miles.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:23 am
Original Poster

thanks!

thanks Craig
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
This looks very good indeed.

Just booked a week on triple miles in LA (and a flexible rate) giving me 9,450 miles for £170ish, so 1.7ppm but £17 more than the best (non-flex) rate I could get (Avis, which would be 2,100 Avios) so 0.23 ppm on the margin.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:29 am
Original Poster

triple miles?

nevermind, I found it - sweet!!

Cymro,

Is the triple miles offer via a PC code? If so, can you share that, along with any other pertinent details?!

thanks

Last edited by newK2; Oct 16, 2013 at 8:31 am Reason: found it
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Actual there is once again a triple miles offer which (in my eyes) only need the PC in the reservation and no special CDP. My last rentals recieved only the base Avios and after contact the IB support the answer was that I need to reservate with the Iberia-CDP to get triple miles?!?

Hertz

EARN TRIPLE AVIOS IN YOUR RENTALS IN HERTZ WORLDWIDE

Earn Triple Avios with Hertz for a minimum of 3 days rental for prepaid and not prepaid online rates. Book any car type worldwide from 01/01/2014 until 25/02/2014 for rentals take place until 28/02/2014. To get Triple Avios mentioned PC 195005 and your Iberia Plus card number.

Get more Avios renting Fun & Prestige Collection.
Standard terms and conditions apply to each country, blackout periods apply of local and national events, age, duration and type of car restrictions apply.

International promotions reservations must be made 24hours prior to. Offer is subject to fleet availability and end of stock. All car rentals are subject to Hertz standard terms and conditions apply.

Offer has not cash value, may not be used with tour rates or insurance replacement rates or corporates rates, monthly rates and cannot be combined with any other voucher, offer or promotion
http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...dOferta=234032
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
This time it worked only with the PC. I recieved today the triple miles for a weekly rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.