Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia A330 seat maps
updated 15 Dec 2019
Print Wikipost

A330 Economy Class Seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Have you tried looking up your booking on CheckMyTrip? That shows which seats I've booked and if they are confirmed on Iberia booked via my TA.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
The AA-IBeria codeshare and seat assignment connection seems to be a fiasco. I've got my daughter booked on a codeshare flight JFK - MAD -SVQ and the AA site won't reflect the assigned seats on the outbound flights. I want her to have a forward seat to MAD as she only has 2 hours for her connection and must clear customs.

I've called IBeria twice and they tell me the seats are assigned. But for some reason, they cannot send an email to confirm. Because it's a codeshare, the PNR locator for Iberia is only 5 letters, so there is no way to access the PNR on the Iberia website. It's a total joke.

I will never try this type of ticket again.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:48 pm

It's a well known and annoying problem (much better to book this sort of mixed ticket on the IB website, then you can get the AA record locator on checkmytrip or other places and select the IB seats on IB and the AA seats with AA).

There is really no excuse for this. However, you should be able to select the IB seats at online check in (the AA webpage will redirect you to IB and this has worked in my experience). Of course, by then maybe the seat you wanted will be gone.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yeah, the particular case of AA codeshare on IB metal is a real mess. But that said, 2 hours is plenty of time at MAD to make the connection. I've never waited more than a couple minutes for immigration control.

Just a point of pedantry. In Europe you go through customs at your final destination and not necessarily where you go through immigration. So she'll get her passport checked at MAD but have to go through the nothing to declare line at SVQ. It's a small point but there are plenty of cases around here that have one or the other but not both.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:04 am

Speaking of economy seats, the A330-200 dos not have same sort of seats
as the A330-300

http://ink-live.com/emagazines/ronda...er-2015/#117/z
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Yeah, the particular case of AA codeshare on IB metal is a real mess. But that said, 2 hours is plenty of time at MAD to make the connection. I've never waited more than a couple minutes for immigration control.

Just a point of pedantry. In Europe you go through customs at your final destination and not necessarily where you go through immigration. So she'll get her passport checked at MAD but have to go through the nothing to declare line at SVQ. It's a small point but there are plenty of cases around here that have one or the other but not both.
Thanks. Good to know passport control at MAD is likely to be relatively quick. Still would like to be sure that she's got a forward seat (as Iberia tells me, but can't confirm in writing!!) to minimize any wait.

Originally Posted by Yllanes
It's a well known and annoying problem (much better to book this sort of mixed ticket on the IB website, then you can get the AA record locator on checkmytrip or other places and select the IB seats on IB and the AA seats with AA).

There is really no excuse for this. However, you should be able to select the IB seats at online check in (the AA webpage will redirect you to IB and this has worked in my experience). Of course, by then maybe the seat you wanted will be gone.
All of this itnerary is on IB metal Booking her itinerary through IB was about $350 more than booking through AA. Goes to show you get what you pay for...but then again, it sounds like it would be challenging to select/confirm seats had I booked through Iberia.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I flew from Chicago to Barajas in Economy. Opt for row 27. 27C or J to be exact. These are exit and bulkhead seats.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Do they have a window?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by BA6501
Do they have a window?
Yes on the configuration I flew. I
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I flew from Chicago to Barajas in Economy. Opt for row 27. 27C or J to be exact. These are exit and bulkhead seats.
Does anyone know if 27J is further from the lav than 27C? It looks that way on the seat map (and there is no seat 25J), but then again sometimes they aren't to scale.

Also, for those who have flown this row, was being close to the lav bothersome at all?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ncSam
Does anyone know if 27J is further from the lav than 27C? It looks that way on the seat map (and there is no seat 25J), but then again sometimes they aren't to scale.

Also, for those who have flown this row, was being close to the lav bothersome at all?
To answer my question, 27J and 27C are approximately the same distance from the lav, and each one has a jump seat in front of it (only used during takeoff and landing). Other pax tend to crowd in this area to wait for the bathroom and to stretch, but this is a trade-off I'm willing to take for virtually unlimited legroom.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Row 10 are basinet seats. You can be evicted should a family travelling with an infant request the seat.

To play it safe I'd choose row 27 if extra legroom is your goal
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by JuanRos
Row 10 are basinet seats. You can be evicted should a family travelling with an infant request the seat.

To play it safe I'd choose row 27 if extra legroom is your goal
Only the two blocks of seats near the windows are basinet seats. The best economy seats in the plane for me are 10D and 10H. Also, being the middle block, it makes it more likely that you won't have anyone next to you (since the seats are blocked and elites would probably prefer an aisle or window seat on a worse row).
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold. IHG spire elite Marriot Silver
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by shgroamer
Sorry to revive this, but was looking for info on row 27, but found it.

Has this seat mess between AA and IB been resolved? I may just call IB but want to see if anyone has had experience with this recently?
NOPE Seat mess has NOT been resolved.
Iberia has no way of assigning seats, upgrades are nearly impossible and their service thus far has been awful.
likely will never do a codeshare through them. I should have just bought a flight through Lufthansa or somewhere else. 92 dollars for an exit row seat from ORD to MAD...?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by sbchi
likely will never do a codeshare through them. I should have just bought a flight through Lufthansa or somewhere else. 92 dollars for an exit row seat from ORD to MAD...?
To be fair, AA charge significantly more than that for their MCE seats ($140 I think). I know you can get them for free at check if you are AA Gold and any are left at that time, but it's definitely not a given.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.