Is this HHonors IB earning table correct?

Old Aug 16, 13, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Is this HHonors IB earning table correct?

The link is here.

Is it really 15 Avios per $10 on variable? I.e. 1.5 Avios per $1?

I am asking because the "Diamond Desk" have told me something completely different. 1 Avios per $1.
Old Aug 19, 13, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Considering you get 750 miles as "fixed miles" with IB+ instead of the standard 500 miles with most other airlines, it would make sense to have 1.5 Avios per USD on the variable miles scheme... (since VS have 2 miles per USD and 1000 fixed, this logic makes sense)

The Hhonors website seems to have a typo, at 1 Avios per 10USD, which doesn't make too much sense.
Old Aug 20, 13, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Well this is bizarre. I'm set to Variable and according to the base points folio amount the conversion is 0.82! What is going on. I ended up with a round 1000 Avios. There is clearly something wrong with the system.
Old Aug 20, 13, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Now Hilton say there is 1000 mile maximum for IB. I really wish this was declared upfront! What could be worse than having the T&C's declared after the contract has been signed.
Old Aug 20, 13, 10:16 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Now Hilton say there is 1000 mile maximum for IB. I really wish this was declared upfront! What could be worse than having the T&C's declared after the contract has been signed.
Check the T&Cs and if it's not there I would ask for a manager to show you where you agreed to that. Though I do tend to get indignant about this sort of thing, even if it's small potatoes.
Old Aug 22, 13, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
This link - www.HHonors.com/iberiaweekend - about HH's weekend promotion shows regular rates at 750 Avios for fixed miles and 1 Avios/$1 for variable miles (lower for Hamptons and Homewoods).

Bonus Mileage (Fixed Miles Members only): Earn 750 Avios per stay during the Promotional Period. In addition, earn 1,000 bonus Avios for any completed “weekend night” during the Promotional Period. A “weekend night” is defined as Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights for purposes of this offer. Stays at Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites will earn 200 bonus Avios per completed weekend night in addition to 150 Avios per stay.

Bonus Mileage (Variable Miles Members only): Earn 1 Avios per 1 USD spent per stay during the Promotional Period. In addition, earn 1,000 bonus Avios for any completed “weekend night” during the Promotional Period. A “weekend night” is defined as Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights for purposes of this offer. Stays at Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites will earn 200 bonus Avios per completed weekend night in addition to 1 Avios per 1 USD spent per stay.

Search this Thread