Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Book Vueling flight with Avios (Barcelona to Split)

Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton

Is the Iberia site buggy when it comes to searching flights on Vueling?

I am flying from Barcelona to Split on 8/17 on the 11:45am flight... Its an Iberia flight operated by Vueling. Ideally I'd like to use my avios, however, if not, I could purchase the flight on the Iberia site (instead of the Vueling site), bc Iberia is now offering 2x avios on Vueling.

Today when I try to search from BCN to SPU, SPU doesn't come up as an available airport. Yesterday SPU was coming up. I searched booking as a revenue, avios ticket and even one world partner ticket, and nothing. Anyone know the trick to this?

Last edited by MissMiles; Jun 17, 2013 at 9:24 am Reason: ...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Are you searching by airport code or city name? For me the Iberia site often won't work based on codes and I have to type out the actual destination city.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just checked and Split comes up both by inputting SPU and doing the drop-down list thing... Perhaps you should try switching your country setting to Spain.

No Avios availability on August 17th BTW...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Just checked and Split comes up both by inputting SPU and doing the drop-down list thing... Perhaps you should try switching your country setting to Spain.

No Avios availability on August 17th BTW...
That's the trick! When I had my country set at USA nothing came up. Changed to Spain and Split comes up.

yesterday I also saw there was no Avios availability. Deciding if I should wait it out or book a revenue ticket. Seems like on all other days of Vueling service, there is avios availability

Last edited by MissMiles; Jun 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm Reason: ...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Whenever I've checked, availability using Avios on Vueling tracks the lowest fare buckets. In other words, if the cash ticket is cheap, you can use Avios, but if it's expensive you won't find an award seat. For me, redeeming on Vueling is usually below my valuation of avios so I just pay cash, particularly when there are double avios bonuses...

I don't think Vueling are known for having wildly fluctuating fare prices, so you're unlikely to see the price come down too much...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.