How many Avios for flying Finnair

Old May 19, 13, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
How many Avios for flying Finnair

I'm new to Iberia Plus, and I'm trying to figure out how many miles I would earn - flying with Finnair. The calculator on the Iberia site has a very limited selection of destinations for Finnair - only about 10. The one I'm flying PVG-HEL-LHR is not on there. I assume I would earn miles on this itinerary, but what is the bonus for business class? Plugging in HEL-FRA seems to suggest 50%, but typically most oneworld airlines only give 25%

Does anyone know?

Thanks
Old May 19, 13, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict View Post
I'm new to Iberia Plus, and I'm trying to figure out how many miles I would earn - flying with Finnair. The calculator on the Iberia site has a very limited selection of destinations for Finnair - only about 10. The one I'm flying PVG-HEL-LHR is not on there. I assume I would earn miles on this itinerary, but what is the bonus for business class? Plugging in HEL-FRA seems to suggest 50%, but typically most oneworld airlines only give 25%

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Don't bother with the calculator, it's useless, as you say there are so many destinations missing...

According to IB’s web:

Business class bonus is 25% for most airlines (AY included)

Except for IB-BA flights and AA JBA routes which is 50%.

For AY, all business class fares earn Avios: JCDI
Old May 20, 13, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Thanks Travellair.
Old May 23, 13, 3:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Iberia has earning charts on his website but they're more or less hidden and as said already by Travellair the calculator is useless.
To find the charts:
- Iberia Plus - Offers and Partners - Flights
- To find Finnair - first click on the Oneworld logo
Old Jan 9, 14, 10:47 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
I also have an upcoming Finnair flight and can't understand how many miles will I earn.

Found the earning table referred in the previous post but it clumps all oneworld airlines together:

"oneworld
Earning Avios and Elite Points"
"1 MILE FLOWN IN DISCOUNT ECONOMY 0,25*/ 0,30/ 0,50** Avios"

Still no idea if I will earn 0.25 or 0.30 or 0.50 of distance flown on Finnair W fare…

Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old Jan 10, 14, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by elva View Post
I also have an upcoming Finnair flight and can't understand how many miles will I earn.

Found the earning table referred in the previous post but it clumps all oneworld airlines together:

"oneworld
Earning Avios and Elite Points"
"1 MILE FLOWN IN DISCOUNT ECONOMY 0,25*/ 0,30/ 0,50** Avios"

Still no idea if I will earn 0.25 or 0.30 or 0.50 of distance flown on Finnair W fare…

Am I looking in the wrong place?
The Iberia Plus website doesn't tell you what fare classes earn miles on partner airlines.

Unless you have a really strong reason for needing those flights in Iberia Plus, I suggest you look at the earning rate in British Airways Executive Club. (since you can transfer them later to IB+)
Old Jan 10, 14, 1:53 am

BA gives 0.25 of the distance flown for Finnair W fare, so I wanted to find out if crediting to IB would be a better deal.
Old Jan 10, 14, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I would say it's 30%, which is the norm with IB Plus (.25 & .50 are exceptions, hence the asterisk)
Economy Restricted in AY for accrual in IB+ A,B,G,H,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,V,W,Z.

If not already in place, although I couldn't find any reference, I guess we will eventually see 100% on JBA routes operated by AY.
Old Feb 21, 14, 8:56 am

Put my BA number for the outgoing flight and IB for the way back. Earned 300 avios on BA and 500 on IB, probably 500 mile minimum kicked in?

Search this Thread