Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
NUTS !

Aslong as I could move my own over that would be Okay.
Need to investigate further as to whether I can move mine over & how (if there needs to be a trick).
Go via avios.com

If you aren't in the UK or ZA (I see you are in the UK, but for anyone else who stumbles on this thread), you can get an account by signing up for AerClub. (which is just an avios.com account directly)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Go via avios.com

If you aren't in the UK or ZA (I see you are in the UK, but for anyone else who stumbles on this thread), you can get an account by signing up for AerClub. (which is just an avios.com account directly)
Thanks, a few people have contacted me and advised transferring from a household account into an Avios account and then into an Iberia account.
Very helpful workaround - for now.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:40 am

I am interested in flying Vueling on points. I have a BA Avios account, which I fill when needed from Chase UR. I JUST created an Iberia+ account and know I must wait 90 days to transfer my BA Avios to Iberia+.

Once all the criteria are met, I will be able to book Vueling flights using Iberia+ miles, correct?

Also, how can I tell if the NS flight from TXL to BCN is bookable via points and how many miles it will cost?

TIA!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by adschnei
I am interested in flying Vueling on points. I have a BA Avios account, which I fill when needed from Chase UR. I JUST created an Iberia+ account and know I must wait 90 days to transfer my BA Avios to Iberia+.

Once all the criteria are met, I will be able to book Vueling flights using Iberia+ miles, correct?

Also, how can I tell if the NS flight from TXL to BCN is bookable via points and how many miles it will cost?

TIA!
Most of this thread is about having activate as well as create the IB account if you want to make that transfer. Unless its changed, you'll need to earn or buy a few Avios as well. Various ways to do this are described above.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Worth noting you can transfer avios directly from Chase now to start the clock.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by adschnei

TIA!
Although OT to this thread, you will quickly find out that Vueling rewards are only available when cash fares are very cheap. Vueling rewards are also completely non-refundable. I suppose if you are burning credit card points you might not care, but the value proposition is quite poor for us Europeans. You can find out by searching on Iberia.com
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How long does it take for the IB account to become active after buying Avios?
Just bought 2k Avios for my gf, but the transfer is still not possible (we called IB before that and they told us her account isn't active).
The account is much older than 90 days.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:10 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I bought a Chinese 1 Euro item from ebay.es through the Iberia Plus portal. When my 1 point posts I will attempt to Combine Avios.

Edited to add: Minimum purchase to earn points is 1.25 Euros. My item was about 1.5 Euros.
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Last edited by nsx; Dec 7, 2018 at 10:34 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:17 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by nsx
I bought a Chinese 1 Euro item from ebay.es through the Iberia Plus portal. When my 1 point posts I will attempt to Combine Avios.

Edited to add: Minimum purchase to earn points is 1.25 Euros. My item was about 1.5 Euros.
It took 5 weeks. My 2 Avios posted today. I can now Combine Avios.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:08 am

probably old news, but I was able to transfer points from BA household account to my IB plus account online. I was under the impression you had to call in to get it done.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by theplayer
probably old news, but I was able to transfer points from BA household account to my IB plus account online. I was under the impression you had to call in to get it done.
No, that direction has never been an issue.
It’s the transfer from Iberia to a BAEC household account that requires the workaround through Avios.com.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:19 pm

Seems Avios.com no longer accept new accounts.

I have a BAEC household account and also 2 IB accounts. Want to transfer Avios from IB accounts to BAEC.

Read that you can create two Aer Lingus accounts, transfer the Avios from IB to Aer Lingus then from Aer Lingus to BAEC accounts. Am I correct?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:47 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As I understand it, an Aer Lingus account is functionally an Avios account.
khkchan likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:58 pm

You can use the AerLingus credentials to sign into Avios.com.
khkchan likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:01 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nsx

I can't find eBay on the IberiaPlus portal now. Has it been removed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.